It's a Girl for James Van Der Beek and Girlfriend
Actor James Van Der Beek's first child will be a baby girl, his partner Kimberly Brook has revealed. The former "Dawson's Creek" star announced he was expecting a baby with Brook in April, less than a month after reaching a divorce settlement with his actress ex, Heather Ann McComb.
The expectant parents recently learned they will welcome a daughter this autumn - but Brook admits they are struggling to come up with suitable baby names. She tells People.com, "We're so excited to announce we are expecting a girl! We are thinking and taking suggestions for names, but we have no idea (what to call her) right now."
The pregnancy itself has affected Brook in some ways. "Women have mood swings when they're pregnant, and I'm not immune to them," Brook said. "I was literally at the edge of a bed once, telling James, 'You don't get me!'."
The couple met last summer after Van Der Beek had split from McComb.
More James Van Der Beek News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'