Katherine Jackson Struggling With Debt Despite Book Deal
The businessman who helped Katherine Jackson publish a new Michael Jackson picture book insists the music matriarch is not a rich woman - despite inheriting 40 per cent of her superstar son's estate.
The 80 year old has teamed up with entrepreneur Howard Mann to publish a tribute tome about the late King of Pop called "Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives". And despite claiming Katherine received a record-breaking pay cheque for the project, Mann insists she is battling to stay financially afloat due to the debt Jackson left behind after his death a year ago.
Mann tells EOnline.com, "(Katherine Jackson has) a deal more lucrative than any other author signed to a publishing deal before. (But) the reality is that after having met her and spent time with her, she is not raking in the money, because the estate really has to service a tremendous amount of debt. I am sure the trustees and administrators are required to pay that first and foremost, and it just hasn't led to a substantial cash position for Katherine."
Mann's claims come just days after it was revealed Jackson's estate has generated almost $1 billion in revenue since the pop superstar's shock death.
More Michael Jackson News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3