Charlie Sheen to Reprise His Wild Thing Role
Charlie Sheen is game to reprise his Ricky 'Wild Thing' Vaughn character for a "Major League" sequel, according to the original film's writer/director. David S. Ward tells MovieHole.net he's in the middle of studio negotiations to revamp the baseball film franchise - and he's hoping to bring back the stars of the 1989 original.
He says, "We're actually talking about doing one right now. I've written, what I see, as Major League 3. We're putting that together as we speak. It's 20 years later, and Wild Thing comes out of retirement to work with this 19-year-old player. We've actually got three new characters in the new film. And if the new film is popular, they could carry the franchise on."
Ward is keen to bring Tom Berenger, Corbin Bernsen and Wesley Snipes back for the new Major League, and he's already got a nod from Sheen: "He's excited to do it, if and when it happens."
More Charlie Sheen News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance