Charlie Sheen to Reprise His Wild Thing Role
Charlie Sheen is game to reprise his Ricky 'Wild Thing' Vaughn character for a "Major League" sequel, according to the original film's writer/director. David S. Ward tells MovieHole.net he's in the middle of studio negotiations to revamp the baseball film franchise - and he's hoping to bring back the stars of the 1989 original.
He says, "We're actually talking about doing one right now. I've written, what I see, as Major League 3. We're putting that together as we speak. It's 20 years later, and Wild Thing comes out of retirement to work with this 19-year-old player. We've actually got three new characters in the new film. And if the new film is popular, they could carry the franchise on."
Ward is keen to bring Tom Berenger, Corbin Bernsen and Wesley Snipes back for the new Major League, and he's already got a nod from Sheen: "He's excited to do it, if and when it happens."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt