Freida Pinto to Star Opposite James Franco in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Slumdog Millionaire" beauty Freida Pinto is tipped to swing into the new "Planet of the Apes" movie as James Franco's leading lady. The "Spider-Man" hunk is the star of the latest installment in the sci-fi series, "Rise of the Apes", which will be a prequel to the franchise's previous monkey movies.
Pinto has now signed on to play primatologist Caroline, with funnyman John Lithgow drafted in to play Franco's onscreen father, according to Variety. The film is a reality-based cautionary tale, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.
The new film is the latest re-imagining of the original 1968 sci-fi classic; Mark Wahlberg was the lead in Tim Burton's 2001 remake.
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?