Freida Pinto to Star Opposite James Franco in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Slumdog Millionaire" beauty Freida Pinto is tipped to swing into the new "Planet of the Apes" movie as James Franco's leading lady. The "Spider-Man" hunk is the star of the latest installment in the sci-fi series, "Rise of the Apes", which will be a prequel to the franchise's previous monkey movies.
Pinto has now signed on to play primatologist Caroline, with funnyman John Lithgow drafted in to play Franco's onscreen father, according to Variety. The film is a reality-based cautionary tale, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.
The new film is the latest re-imagining of the original 1968 sci-fi classic; Mark Wahlberg was the lead in Tim Burton's 2001 remake.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen