Freida Pinto to Star Opposite James Franco in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Slumdog Millionaire" beauty Freida Pinto is tipped to swing into the new "Planet of the Apes" movie as James Franco's leading lady. The "Spider-Man" hunk is the star of the latest installment in the sci-fi series, "Rise of the Apes", which will be a prequel to the franchise's previous monkey movies.
Pinto has now signed on to play primatologist Caroline, with funnyman John Lithgow drafted in to play Franco's onscreen father, according to Variety. The film is a reality-based cautionary tale, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.
The new film is the latest re-imagining of the original 1968 sci-fi classic; Mark Wahlberg was the lead in Tim Burton's 2001 remake.
- Machine Gun Kelly Explains Health Scare He Experienced During Concert
- Report: Mariah Carey Was a Diva While Visiting Disneyland
- New 'Justice League' Poster Brings Back Superman
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez' Candlelit Dinner
- Kim Zolciak's 4-Year-Old Son Gets Emergency Surgery After Being Bitten by Dog
- Kendrick Lamar Nabs Third No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'DAMN'
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Confirm Relationship With PDA Pictures
- Kylie Jenner 'Turned On' by Travis Scott: He's 'More on Her Level' Than Tyga