Freida Pinto to Star Opposite James Franco in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Slumdog Millionaire" beauty Freida Pinto is tipped to swing into the new "Planet of the Apes" movie as James Franco's leading lady. The "Spider-Man" hunk is the star of the latest installment in the sci-fi series, "Rise of the Apes", which will be a prequel to the franchise's previous monkey movies.
Pinto has now signed on to play primatologist Caroline, with funnyman John Lithgow drafted in to play Franco's onscreen father, according to Variety. The film is a reality-based cautionary tale, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.
The new film is the latest re-imagining of the original 1968 sci-fi classic; Mark Wahlberg was the lead in Tim Burton's 2001 remake.
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger