Freida Pinto to Star Opposite James Franco in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Slumdog Millionaire" beauty Freida Pinto is tipped to swing into the new "Planet of the Apes" movie as James Franco's leading lady. The "Spider-Man" hunk is the star of the latest installment in the sci-fi series, "Rise of the Apes", which will be a prequel to the franchise's previous monkey movies.
Pinto has now signed on to play primatologist Caroline, with funnyman John Lithgow drafted in to play Franco's onscreen father, according to Variety. The film is a reality-based cautionary tale, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.
The new film is the latest re-imagining of the original 1968 sci-fi classic; Mark Wahlberg was the lead in Tim Burton's 2001 remake.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'