Rep: Fat Joe Wrongly Accused of Sexual Assault
Fat Joe's lawyer has categorically denied the hip-hop star and his crew inappropriately groped a woman following a concert on Sunday, June 20. The "Lean Back" rapper was detained by cops in Madison, Wisconsin at the weekend following a complaint in the early hours of Monday from a woman who alleged she was sexually assaulted by Joe and his entourage.
The unnamed female claimed she was the victim of "inappropriate touching" during a limo ride with Joe - real name Joseph Cartagena - and his pals following a gig in the city. The star was released without charge after several hours of questioning, while police continue to investigate the allegations.
Cartagena's lawyer Dawn Florio has spoken out to defend the rapper, branding the woman's claim "false". She tells AllHipHop.com, "At no point did Mr. Cartagena or any member of his entourage assault or have any improper contact with the woman. It is truly unfortunate that false allegations such as these cause the public to doubt the claims of actual victims of sexual assaults."
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean
- Zac Efron Apologizes to Paris Jackson for Breaking Her Heart