Rep: Fat Joe Wrongly Accused of Sexual Assault
Fat Joe's lawyer has categorically denied the hip-hop star and his crew inappropriately groped a woman following a concert on Sunday, June 20. The "Lean Back" rapper was detained by cops in Madison, Wisconsin at the weekend following a complaint in the early hours of Monday from a woman who alleged she was sexually assaulted by Joe and his entourage.
The unnamed female claimed she was the victim of "inappropriate touching" during a limo ride with Joe - real name Joseph Cartagena - and his pals following a gig in the city. The star was released without charge after several hours of questioning, while police continue to investigate the allegations.
Cartagena's lawyer Dawn Florio has spoken out to defend the rapper, branding the woman's claim "false". She tells AllHipHop.com, "At no point did Mr. Cartagena or any member of his entourage assault or have any improper contact with the woman. It is truly unfortunate that false allegations such as these cause the public to doubt the claims of actual victims of sexual assaults."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl