Rep: Fat Joe Wrongly Accused of Sexual Assault
Fat Joe's lawyer has categorically denied the hip-hop star and his crew inappropriately groped a woman following a concert on Sunday, June 20. The "Lean Back" rapper was detained by cops in Madison, Wisconsin at the weekend following a complaint in the early hours of Monday from a woman who alleged she was sexually assaulted by Joe and his entourage.
The unnamed female claimed she was the victim of "inappropriate touching" during a limo ride with Joe - real name Joseph Cartagena - and his pals following a gig in the city. The star was released without charge after several hours of questioning, while police continue to investigate the allegations.
Cartagena's lawyer Dawn Florio has spoken out to defend the rapper, branding the woman's claim "false". She tells AllHipHop.com, "At no point did Mr. Cartagena or any member of his entourage assault or have any improper contact with the woman. It is truly unfortunate that false allegations such as these cause the public to doubt the claims of actual victims of sexual assaults."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child