Rep: Fat Joe Wrongly Accused of Sexual Assault
Fat Joe's lawyer has categorically denied the hip-hop star and his crew inappropriately groped a woman following a concert on Sunday, June 20. The "Lean Back" rapper was detained by cops in Madison, Wisconsin at the weekend following a complaint in the early hours of Monday from a woman who alleged she was sexually assaulted by Joe and his entourage.
The unnamed female claimed she was the victim of "inappropriate touching" during a limo ride with Joe - real name Joseph Cartagena - and his pals following a gig in the city. The star was released without charge after several hours of questioning, while police continue to investigate the allegations.
Cartagena's lawyer Dawn Florio has spoken out to defend the rapper, branding the woman's claim "false". She tells AllHipHop.com, "At no point did Mr. Cartagena or any member of his entourage assault or have any improper contact with the woman. It is truly unfortunate that false allegations such as these cause the public to doubt the claims of actual victims of sexual assaults."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show