Lionel Messi Calls on Oasis to Reform and Perform
Argentine soccer star Lionel Messi has called on Oasis to reform and perform at his victory party if his team wins the World Cup because he has only just discovered the band's music. The Barcelona star, who is considered the best player in the world, admits his love affair with the disbanded British band only started in June after he took teammate Carlos Tevez's advice and prepared for the soccer tournament by listening to Liam Gallagher and Noel Gallagher's hits.
Tevez plays for the brothers' beloved Manchester City and has since become friends with the siblings. Messi tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I kept promising I would listen to them, but I never got round to it. On the plane on the way to the World Cup, Carlos (Tevez) made me listen to their first two albums. I have to say I wasn't expecting much but it is some of the best material I have ever heard. They are absolutely amazing. Their songs are incredible."
"I have been listening to their stuff on my iPod dock in the hotel room, on the way to the matches and in the dressing room. I can't believe it's taken me all this time to finally listen to them. I've been watching their live performances on YouTube and they look like they'd be amazing to see in concert. I asked Carlos if we could go and see them in Manchester or London in concert, but he told me they have split up."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!