Lionel Messi Calls on Oasis to Reform and Perform
Argentine soccer star Lionel Messi has called on Oasis to reform and perform at his victory party if his team wins the World Cup because he has only just discovered the band's music. The Barcelona star, who is considered the best player in the world, admits his love affair with the disbanded British band only started in June after he took teammate Carlos Tevez's advice and prepared for the soccer tournament by listening to Liam Gallagher and Noel Gallagher's hits.
Tevez plays for the brothers' beloved Manchester City and has since become friends with the siblings. Messi tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I kept promising I would listen to them, but I never got round to it. On the plane on the way to the World Cup, Carlos (Tevez) made me listen to their first two albums. I have to say I wasn't expecting much but it is some of the best material I have ever heard. They are absolutely amazing. Their songs are incredible."
"I have been listening to their stuff on my iPod dock in the hotel room, on the way to the matches and in the dressing room. I can't believe it's taken me all this time to finally listen to them. I've been watching their live performances on YouTube and they look like they'd be amazing to see in concert. I asked Carlos if we could go and see them in Manchester or London in concert, but he told me they have split up."
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified