Michael Jackson's Father Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Dr. Conrad Murray
Michael Jackson's father has followed through on his threat to sue the King of Pop's physician for wrongful death. Joe Jackson's lawyer Brian Oxman has sent Dr. Conrad Murray a documented prerequisite to filing a wrongful death lawsuit, insisting the medic had been drinking hours before he allegedly administered a fatal dose of anesthetic Propofol to the pop star a year ago, on June 25.
Oxman writes, "Prior to treating Michael Jackson, (the) defendant was at a strip club called Sam's Hofbrau in Los Angeles where he had been drinking." In the document, obtained by TMZ, the lawyer states, "It was reckless for him to drink prior to administering anesthesia to Michael Jackson. He concealed his conduct from Michael Jackson."
Joe Jackson also instructed Oxman to list the medical conditions he feels his son suffered due to the "poly-pharmacy" of drugs administered to him by Murray. The attorney suggests Michael Jackson suffered "neurological, pulmonary, and anaemia signs over several weeks prior to his death," adding "In May and June, 2009, Michael Jackson was confused, easily frightened, unable to remember, obsessive, and disoriented... He had impaired memory, loss of appetite, and absence of energy. He was cold and shivering."
Oxman also alleges the physician "ignored the signs of Michael Jackson's pulmonary inflammation, brain swelling, and anaemia" in the documents. Alleging the doctor lied about the drugs he administered to Jackson and withheld vital information from emergency medics who tried to revive the singer at his Los Angeles home, Oxman states, "His conduct was inhuman. It was an extreme violation of the standard of care."
The website reveals Dr. Murray received a copy of the document in March. His legal team tells TMZ, "The allegations are absolute, utter nonsense."
More Michael Jackson News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert