Lindsay Lohan Prevented From Declaring Poverty in Court Trial
The three men suing Lindsay Lohan over an alleged 2007 joyride, which ended with her arrest, want a Los Angeles judge to ban the actress from pleading poverty when the case goes to trial.
The "Mean Girls" star is facing legal action from three men who have accused her of kidnapping and endangering their lives when she allegedly jumped into a vehicle they were passengers in and took off on a wild ride through Malibu, California. Lohan was arrested after the incident and charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
The civil case is due to go to trial but lawyer Tracie Rice, who is representing the plaintiffs, wants the actress to be forbidden from claiming she has no money in court because her money assertions could affect the jury's decision if they choose to award compensation.
Legal papers filed by Rice on Monday, June 21 and obtained by TMZ.com read, "Plaintiff Tracie Rice hereby moves this Court for an order to exclude all testimony about Lindsay Lohan not having money or currently being poor or in debt." The documents go on to state: "The motion is based upon the ground that the evidence is irrelevant and immaterial to the issues in this action and unduly prejudicial."
Lohan has been dogged by rumors she is struggling financially after falling behind on her rent payments earlier this year. In April, the actress was alleged to have handed over $23,000 to her Los Angeles landlord to settle a two-month debt. The civil case will go to trial on July 26.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!