Lindsay Lohan Prevented From Declaring Poverty in Court Trial
The three men suing Lindsay Lohan over an alleged 2007 joyride, which ended with her arrest, want a Los Angeles judge to ban the actress from pleading poverty when the case goes to trial.
The "Mean Girls" star is facing legal action from three men who have accused her of kidnapping and endangering their lives when she allegedly jumped into a vehicle they were passengers in and took off on a wild ride through Malibu, California. Lohan was arrested after the incident and charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
The civil case is due to go to trial but lawyer Tracie Rice, who is representing the plaintiffs, wants the actress to be forbidden from claiming she has no money in court because her money assertions could affect the jury's decision if they choose to award compensation.
Legal papers filed by Rice on Monday, June 21 and obtained by TMZ.com read, "Plaintiff Tracie Rice hereby moves this Court for an order to exclude all testimony about Lindsay Lohan not having money or currently being poor or in debt." The documents go on to state: "The motion is based upon the ground that the evidence is irrelevant and immaterial to the issues in this action and unduly prejudicial."
Lohan has been dogged by rumors she is struggling financially after falling behind on her rent payments earlier this year. In April, the actress was alleged to have handed over $23,000 to her Los Angeles landlord to settle a two-month debt. The civil case will go to trial on July 26.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back