Lindsay Lohan Prevented From Declaring Poverty in Court Trial
The three men suing Lindsay Lohan over an alleged 2007 joyride, which ended with her arrest, want a Los Angeles judge to ban the actress from pleading poverty when the case goes to trial.
The "Mean Girls" star is facing legal action from three men who have accused her of kidnapping and endangering their lives when she allegedly jumped into a vehicle they were passengers in and took off on a wild ride through Malibu, California. Lohan was arrested after the incident and charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
The civil case is due to go to trial but lawyer Tracie Rice, who is representing the plaintiffs, wants the actress to be forbidden from claiming she has no money in court because her money assertions could affect the jury's decision if they choose to award compensation.
Legal papers filed by Rice on Monday, June 21 and obtained by TMZ.com read, "Plaintiff Tracie Rice hereby moves this Court for an order to exclude all testimony about Lindsay Lohan not having money or currently being poor or in debt." The documents go on to state: "The motion is based upon the ground that the evidence is irrelevant and immaterial to the issues in this action and unduly prejudicial."
Lohan has been dogged by rumors she is struggling financially after falling behind on her rent payments earlier this year. In April, the actress was alleged to have handed over $23,000 to her Los Angeles landlord to settle a two-month debt. The civil case will go to trial on July 26.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7