Michael Jackson's Estate Lawyer to Sue Katherine's Business Partner
A lawyer representing Michael Jackson's estate has threatened legal action against Katherine Jackson's new business partner, alleging he has no right to make money from the late singer's legacy. The Jackson matriarch has teamed up with businessman Howard Mann to publish a picture book called Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives.
The book hits stores this week to mark the first anniversary of the superstar's death, and the pair is said to be negotiating record deals to release 273 unheard Michael Jackson songs. Mann reportedly obtained the tracks in a sale after the "Thriller" legend's dad Joe failed to pay a storage bill.
But Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson's estate, tells TMZ.com that Mann "may be using his relationship with Mrs. Jackson to infringe upon Michael Jackson's copyrights ... to the detriment of, among others, Michael's three kids." Katherine Jackson inherited 40 per cent of her son's estate and was named the guardian of his three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket.
Weitzman maintains Mann is not authorized to "exploit any estate assets" and has vowed to take "whatever action is necessary to prevent him from unlawfully profiting".
More Michael Jackson News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie