Michael Jackson's Estate Lawyer to Sue Katherine's Business Partner
A lawyer representing Michael Jackson's estate has threatened legal action against Katherine Jackson's new business partner, alleging he has no right to make money from the late singer's legacy. The Jackson matriarch has teamed up with businessman Howard Mann to publish a picture book called Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives.
The book hits stores this week to mark the first anniversary of the superstar's death, and the pair is said to be negotiating record deals to release 273 unheard Michael Jackson songs. Mann reportedly obtained the tracks in a sale after the "Thriller" legend's dad Joe failed to pay a storage bill.
But Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson's estate, tells TMZ.com that Mann "may be using his relationship with Mrs. Jackson to infringe upon Michael Jackson's copyrights ... to the detriment of, among others, Michael's three kids." Katherine Jackson inherited 40 per cent of her son's estate and was named the guardian of his three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket.
Weitzman maintains Mann is not authorized to "exploit any estate assets" and has vowed to take "whatever action is necessary to prevent him from unlawfully profiting".
More Michael Jackson News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz