Michael Jackson's Estate Lawyer to Sue Katherine's Business Partner
A lawyer representing Michael Jackson's estate has threatened legal action against Katherine Jackson's new business partner, alleging he has no right to make money from the late singer's legacy. The Jackson matriarch has teamed up with businessman Howard Mann to publish a picture book called Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives.
The book hits stores this week to mark the first anniversary of the superstar's death, and the pair is said to be negotiating record deals to release 273 unheard Michael Jackson songs. Mann reportedly obtained the tracks in a sale after the "Thriller" legend's dad Joe failed to pay a storage bill.
But Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson's estate, tells TMZ.com that Mann "may be using his relationship with Mrs. Jackson to infringe upon Michael Jackson's copyrights ... to the detriment of, among others, Michael's three kids." Katherine Jackson inherited 40 per cent of her son's estate and was named the guardian of his three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket.
Weitzman maintains Mann is not authorized to "exploit any estate assets" and has vowed to take "whatever action is necessary to prevent him from unlawfully profiting".
More Michael Jackson News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist