Martina Navratilova's Legal Dispute With Former 'Wife' Resolved
Retired tennis ace Martina Navratilova has settled a legal battle with her former 'wife' who accused the star of abruptly ending their eight-year romance and locking her out of their home in Florida. Navratilova began dating Toni Layton in the early 1990s, after she left her husband to be with the former sports star.
They exchanged vows in a same-sex ceremony New Hampshire in 2000, but the union was not official because gay marriage was not legal in the state at that time. Layton alleges she was left broke and homeless when Navratilova dumped her without warning in 2008 and booted her out of the home they shared.
She subsequently filed a lawsuit in Sarasota, Florida, fighting for a slice of the assets, including property, cars, jewelery, art and a boat, which she is said to have shared with Navratilova. The former couple has now settled the legal battle out of court, and although details of the agreement were kept private, New York Post gossip column Page Six is reporting Layton was handed an estimated $3 million pay out.
Navratilova's representative, Gabriel Serrato, says, "All the disputes between the parties have been resolved and the terms of the settlement are confidential."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?