Eminem Recounts Near-Death Experience
Eminem scared himself off drugs when he relapsed a month after suffering a near-fatal overdose. In an exclusive new interview with U.S. news show Access Hollywood, the "Without Me" rapper admits at one point he was popping so many pills, he lost track of how many he was taking. He says, "My tolerance got so high."
But he hit his "personal bottom" at the end of 2007 and the beginning of 2008. He explains, "I had overdosed in 2007, like, right around Christmas in 2007... I pretty much almost died. I pulled through and went home and relapsed less than a month later and I literally shot back up to the amount of pills I was taking, shot right back up to where I overdosed... I scared myself, like, 'Yo... I need help. Like, I can't beat this on my own'."
"I just got tired of the way I was living. I guess I really had to reach down, reach deep down and look at myself and realize, 'This is my fault, like, take responsibility for the way I'm living and stop blaming other people...' The biggest problem is admitting that you have a problem. Nobody wants to admit that they're not in control of something."
More Eminem News
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise