Eminem Recounts Near-Death Experience
Eminem scared himself off drugs when he relapsed a month after suffering a near-fatal overdose. In an exclusive new interview with U.S. news show Access Hollywood, the "Without Me" rapper admits at one point he was popping so many pills, he lost track of how many he was taking. He says, "My tolerance got so high."
But he hit his "personal bottom" at the end of 2007 and the beginning of 2008. He explains, "I had overdosed in 2007, like, right around Christmas in 2007... I pretty much almost died. I pulled through and went home and relapsed less than a month later and I literally shot back up to the amount of pills I was taking, shot right back up to where I overdosed... I scared myself, like, 'Yo... I need help. Like, I can't beat this on my own'."
"I just got tired of the way I was living. I guess I really had to reach down, reach deep down and look at myself and realize, 'This is my fault, like, take responsibility for the way I'm living and stop blaming other people...' The biggest problem is admitting that you have a problem. Nobody wants to admit that they're not in control of something."
More Eminem News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes