Brit Saffron Burrows Is Now American
British actress Saffron Burrows has swapped her British passport for an American one after becoming a U.S. citizen last year. The former "Boston Legal" star, 37, reveals she recently completed the required paperwork and passed the test to earn the right to live permanently on U.S. soil.
She says, "I became an American last summer. I had the ceremony with 4,000 people downtown (in Los Angeles)." Burrows isn't the first Brit to become an American - her ex-boyfriend, Scottish-born actor Alan Cumming, and actress Gabrielle Anwar have also switched their nationality.
Saffron Burrows joined the cast of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" as Detective Serena Stevens, replacing Julianne Nicholson aka Detective Megan Wheeler who was pregnant and having a child during taping.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?