Brit Saffron Burrows Is Now American
British actress Saffron Burrows has swapped her British passport for an American one after becoming a U.S. citizen last year. The former "Boston Legal" star, 37, reveals she recently completed the required paperwork and passed the test to earn the right to live permanently on U.S. soil.
She says, "I became an American last summer. I had the ceremony with 4,000 people downtown (in Los Angeles)." Burrows isn't the first Brit to become an American - her ex-boyfriend, Scottish-born actor Alan Cumming, and actress Gabrielle Anwar have also switched their nationality.
Saffron Burrows joined the cast of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" as Detective Serena Stevens, replacing Julianne Nicholson aka Detective Megan Wheeler who was pregnant and having a child during taping.
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl