Brit Saffron Burrows Is Now American
British actress Saffron Burrows has swapped her British passport for an American one after becoming a U.S. citizen last year. The former "Boston Legal" star, 37, reveals she recently completed the required paperwork and passed the test to earn the right to live permanently on U.S. soil.
She says, "I became an American last summer. I had the ceremony with 4,000 people downtown (in Los Angeles)." Burrows isn't the first Brit to become an American - her ex-boyfriend, Scottish-born actor Alan Cumming, and actress Gabrielle Anwar have also switched their nationality.
Saffron Burrows joined the cast of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" as Detective Serena Stevens, replacing Julianne Nicholson aka Detective Megan Wheeler who was pregnant and having a child during taping.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?