Brit Saffron Burrows Is Now American
British actress Saffron Burrows has swapped her British passport for an American one after becoming a U.S. citizen last year. The former "Boston Legal" star, 37, reveals she recently completed the required paperwork and passed the test to earn the right to live permanently on U.S. soil.
She says, "I became an American last summer. I had the ceremony with 4,000 people downtown (in Los Angeles)." Burrows isn't the first Brit to become an American - her ex-boyfriend, Scottish-born actor Alan Cumming, and actress Gabrielle Anwar have also switched their nationality.
Saffron Burrows joined the cast of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" as Detective Serena Stevens, replacing Julianne Nicholson aka Detective Megan Wheeler who was pregnant and having a child during taping.
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic