Brit Saffron Burrows Is Now American
British actress Saffron Burrows has swapped her British passport for an American one after becoming a U.S. citizen last year. The former "Boston Legal" star, 37, reveals she recently completed the required paperwork and passed the test to earn the right to live permanently on U.S. soil.
She says, "I became an American last summer. I had the ceremony with 4,000 people downtown (in Los Angeles)." Burrows isn't the first Brit to become an American - her ex-boyfriend, Scottish-born actor Alan Cumming, and actress Gabrielle Anwar have also switched their nationality.
Saffron Burrows joined the cast of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" as Detective Serena Stevens, replacing Julianne Nicholson aka Detective Megan Wheeler who was pregnant and having a child during taping.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism