Keith Urban Shuns Father's Day to Celebrate Nicole Kidman's Birthday
Country singer Keith Urban sacrificed a Father's Day celebration on Sunday, June 20 - because the holiday falls on his wife Nicole Kidman's birthday. The "Moulin Rouge!" actress turned 43 on Sunday and her husband decided to dedicate the weekend to her, rather than make any special plans for himself.
But Urban, who shares daughter Sunday Rose with Kidman, insists the Antipodeans will be celebrating Father's Day in September - when Australians observe the annual event. Speaking before Sunday's celebrations, he told People.com, "You know what we're going to do this year? Because it actually falls on my wife's birthday - the same day - I decided, instead of us trying to share the day, I'd rather it be her birthday. We're going to celebrate the Australian Father's Day, which I think is in September. Then next year we'll gone back to the U.S. one (in June)."
Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June by many nations across the world, including the U.S., the U.K., France, Ireland, Japan and South Africa.
More Keith Urban News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance