Keith Urban Shuns Father's Day to Celebrate Nicole Kidman's Birthday
Country singer Keith Urban sacrificed a Father's Day celebration on Sunday, June 20 - because the holiday falls on his wife Nicole Kidman's birthday. The "Moulin Rouge!" actress turned 43 on Sunday and her husband decided to dedicate the weekend to her, rather than make any special plans for himself.
But Urban, who shares daughter Sunday Rose with Kidman, insists the Antipodeans will be celebrating Father's Day in September - when Australians observe the annual event. Speaking before Sunday's celebrations, he told People.com, "You know what we're going to do this year? Because it actually falls on my wife's birthday - the same day - I decided, instead of us trying to share the day, I'd rather it be her birthday. We're going to celebrate the Australian Father's Day, which I think is in September. Then next year we'll gone back to the U.S. one (in June)."
Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June by many nations across the world, including the U.S., the U.K., France, Ireland, Japan and South Africa.
More Keith Urban News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3