Keith Urban Shuns Father's Day to Celebrate Nicole Kidman's Birthday
Country singer Keith Urban sacrificed a Father's Day celebration on Sunday, June 20 - because the holiday falls on his wife Nicole Kidman's birthday. The "Moulin Rouge!" actress turned 43 on Sunday and her husband decided to dedicate the weekend to her, rather than make any special plans for himself.
But Urban, who shares daughter Sunday Rose with Kidman, insists the Antipodeans will be celebrating Father's Day in September - when Australians observe the annual event. Speaking before Sunday's celebrations, he told People.com, "You know what we're going to do this year? Because it actually falls on my wife's birthday - the same day - I decided, instead of us trying to share the day, I'd rather it be her birthday. We're going to celebrate the Australian Father's Day, which I think is in September. Then next year we'll gone back to the U.S. one (in June)."
Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June by many nations across the world, including the U.S., the U.K., France, Ireland, Japan and South Africa.
More Keith Urban News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special