Michael Jackson's Children Still Mourning the Loss
Michael Jackson's three children are still fighting a "daily battle to cope" following the superstar's death a year ago, according to his mother Katherine. The "Thriller" hitmaker died on June 25, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest and Katherine was named guardian of his children, Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and eight-year-old Blanket.
She admits the kids are still mourning the loss as the first anniversary of their dad's death approaches - but she hopes plans for them to abandon home-schooling and attend an educational institute with other children will help them recover. Katherine tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "It has been a daily battle to cope with our huge loss... (The kids) don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home - but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private (school)."
She further explains, "But they have their cousins and aunts and uncles around them constantly, and that's helped them immensely. To them, it's normal, it's the life they have known. They have a certain time to go to bed, then they get up and get dressed for lessons. They practice karate and swim, which they love."
And the 80 year old reveals Jackson's only daughter Paris still has a shrine dedicated to her late father in her bedroom. Katherine adds: "I wanted to hang pictures of flowers or ballerinas in Paris' room, the sort of things I expected a girl would like. But she went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael and she told me, 'No, I want Daddy hanging in my room.' So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him'."
"Paris has that lovely way, just like him, and I see his talent in her. Whatever she does, she is very good at it. She's a good artist, she plays the piano and she wants to be an actress."
More Michael Jackson News
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday