Heather Mills Eyes Paralympic Skiing Gold
Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has announced plans to try out for Britain's Paralympic skiing team. The former glamor model, who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993, is training hard to enter the 2014 Winter Paralympic Games in Russia as a downhill skier.
Mills previously proved her athleticism by taking part in U.K. figure skating TV series "Dancing On Ice" and she is now determined to win gold in the tournament for athletes with physical disabilities. She says, "I've been skiing for many years and I'm much better at that than ice skating, so I'm training hard to try to get on the British Paralympic downhill team."
"If I manage to compete, it would be phenomenal - very inspiring for all the kids that I counsel. They didn't believe they could do anything and they are now trying ice skating and rollerblading and biking and swimming, which is wonderful... Having loved sport my whole life, competing in a Paralympics would be a dream come true."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'