Dougray Scott Slammed by Ex-Wife for Complaining About Custody Laws
Dougray Scott has come under fire from his ex-wife after he complained about his limited visitation rights to their children - she's blamed the actor's busy Hollywood schedule for keeping him away from his kids. The "Mission: Impossible II" star complained in May that U.K. family courts stop divorced fathers from spending time with their kids, admitting he barely sees his twin son and daughter, Gabriel and Eden, now 12.
He told Britain's Sunday Times, "I'd like to put the people who made this system up against the f**king wall and shoot them... I would like to see my children more often than I do. The legal system... goes the other way, against men. It's a very unjust system but you have to work within it."
But the mother of his kids, Sarah Trevis, argues that it is Scott's Hollywood lifestyle and not custody regulations that come between him and his children, who live in London. She tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "Dougray's views are very virulent on this subject. He feels he's been done a massive disservice. There's a constant implication of injustice. But that's just not the case... Dougray's very keen on saying that actions speak louder than words. Well, he last saw Gabriel six months ago and Eden at half-term (summer break) when he took her for lunch. Last year he lived across three different continents. How does that work with the children going to school and having a stable life?"
"If you have money and your own way for a long time you assume that's what's going to happen in every aspect of your life. But children aren't like that, you don't own them and thankfully the family courts pay no attention to celebrity, power or riches," she further states. "The family courts are often attacked but they are meticulous. Judgments aren't based on whimsy."
And casting director Trevis insists Scott should not be openly airing his opinions about the matter - because it upsets their children. She adds, "Gabriel read the interview his father gave and was upset by it. It's difficult. He's still their father. The twins are old enough to be aware of things now and when their father aggressively and openly dislikes their mother it's unsettling. I feel misrepresented."
Scott and Trevis divorced in 2005. The actor is now married to Claire Forlani.
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4