Dougray Scott Slammed by Ex-Wife for Complaining About Custody Laws
Dougray Scott has come under fire from his ex-wife after he complained about his limited visitation rights to their children - she's blamed the actor's busy Hollywood schedule for keeping him away from his kids. The "Mission: Impossible II" star complained in May that U.K. family courts stop divorced fathers from spending time with their kids, admitting he barely sees his twin son and daughter, Gabriel and Eden, now 12.
He told Britain's Sunday Times, "I'd like to put the people who made this system up against the f**king wall and shoot them... I would like to see my children more often than I do. The legal system... goes the other way, against men. It's a very unjust system but you have to work within it."
But the mother of his kids, Sarah Trevis, argues that it is Scott's Hollywood lifestyle and not custody regulations that come between him and his children, who live in London. She tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "Dougray's views are very virulent on this subject. He feels he's been done a massive disservice. There's a constant implication of injustice. But that's just not the case... Dougray's very keen on saying that actions speak louder than words. Well, he last saw Gabriel six months ago and Eden at half-term (summer break) when he took her for lunch. Last year he lived across three different continents. How does that work with the children going to school and having a stable life?"
"If you have money and your own way for a long time you assume that's what's going to happen in every aspect of your life. But children aren't like that, you don't own them and thankfully the family courts pay no attention to celebrity, power or riches," she further states. "The family courts are often attacked but they are meticulous. Judgments aren't based on whimsy."
And casting director Trevis insists Scott should not be openly airing his opinions about the matter - because it upsets their children. She adds, "Gabriel read the interview his father gave and was upset by it. It's difficult. He's still their father. The twins are old enough to be aware of things now and when their father aggressively and openly dislikes their mother it's unsettling. I feel misrepresented."
Scott and Trevis divorced in 2005. The actor is now married to Claire Forlani.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri