Johnny Depp Scouting Singing Talent for His Label
Johnny Depp is preparing to launch his own record label and has dispatched staff to scour London for new talent, according to a U.K. report. The Hollywood star initially embarked on a music career when he left school, playing with several rock groups before turning his attention to acting.
Depp remains a massive music fan and recently helped British band Babybird produce a new record by funding their studio time and even playing on several of their tracks. And now the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor is said to be ready to launch his own label.
According to Britain's The Sun, Depp has founded Unison Music and has hired talent scouts to search for new acts in the British capital. A source tells the publication, "Johnny has always been passionate about music. He's taking a really hands-on approach to signing acts."
"Obviously he can't get to as many gigs as he would like but he's got a good team around him and will personally vet any signings that they make."
More Johnny Depp News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked