Johnny Depp Scouting Singing Talent for His Label
Johnny Depp is preparing to launch his own record label and has dispatched staff to scour London for new talent, according to a U.K. report. The Hollywood star initially embarked on a music career when he left school, playing with several rock groups before turning his attention to acting.
Depp remains a massive music fan and recently helped British band Babybird produce a new record by funding their studio time and even playing on several of their tracks. And now the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor is said to be ready to launch his own label.
According to Britain's The Sun, Depp has founded Unison Music and has hired talent scouts to search for new acts in the British capital. A source tells the publication, "Johnny has always been passionate about music. He's taking a really hands-on approach to signing acts."
"Obviously he can't get to as many gigs as he would like but he's got a good team around him and will personally vet any signings that they make."
More Johnny Depp News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie