Johnny Depp Scouting Singing Talent for His Label
Johnny Depp is preparing to launch his own record label and has dispatched staff to scour London for new talent, according to a U.K. report. The Hollywood star initially embarked on a music career when he left school, playing with several rock groups before turning his attention to acting.
Depp remains a massive music fan and recently helped British band Babybird produce a new record by funding their studio time and even playing on several of their tracks. And now the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor is said to be ready to launch his own label.
According to Britain's The Sun, Depp has founded Unison Music and has hired talent scouts to search for new acts in the British capital. A source tells the publication, "Johnny has always been passionate about music. He's taking a really hands-on approach to signing acts."
"Obviously he can't get to as many gigs as he would like but he's got a good team around him and will personally vet any signings that they make."
More Johnny Depp News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip