Johnny Depp Scouting Singing Talent for His Label
Johnny Depp is preparing to launch his own record label and has dispatched staff to scour London for new talent, according to a U.K. report. The Hollywood star initially embarked on a music career when he left school, playing with several rock groups before turning his attention to acting.
Depp remains a massive music fan and recently helped British band Babybird produce a new record by funding their studio time and even playing on several of their tracks. And now the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor is said to be ready to launch his own label.
According to Britain's The Sun, Depp has founded Unison Music and has hired talent scouts to search for new acts in the British capital. A source tells the publication, "Johnny has always been passionate about music. He's taking a really hands-on approach to signing acts."
"Obviously he can't get to as many gigs as he would like but he's got a good team around him and will personally vet any signings that they make."
More Johnny Depp News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal