Johnny Depp Scouting Singing Talent for His Label
Johnny Depp is preparing to launch his own record label and has dispatched staff to scour London for new talent, according to a U.K. report. The Hollywood star initially embarked on a music career when he left school, playing with several rock groups before turning his attention to acting.
Depp remains a massive music fan and recently helped British band Babybird produce a new record by funding their studio time and even playing on several of their tracks. And now the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor is said to be ready to launch his own label.
According to Britain's The Sun, Depp has founded Unison Music and has hired talent scouts to search for new acts in the British capital. A source tells the publication, "Johnny has always been passionate about music. He's taking a really hands-on approach to signing acts."
"Obviously he can't get to as many gigs as he would like but he's got a good team around him and will personally vet any signings that they make."
More Johnny Depp News
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards