'Harry Potter' Stars Help to Officially Open the Film Theme Park
"Harry Potter" stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson delighted fans in Orlando, Florida on Friday, June 18 when they helped to officially open the movie theme park to the public. Thousands of Potter devotees flocked to Universal Orlando to be one of the first few people through the gates of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which brings author J.K. Rowling's boy wizard tales to life.
Bill Davis, president of Universal Orlando Resort, says, "We have brought to life a cultural phenomenon that has captured the hearts and minds of millions of people around the world." And Radcliffe is impressed by the extent of work Warner Bros. bosses have put in to make sure the theme park atmosphere and its rides remain true to the details in the books.
He says, "What Universal Orlando has done with 'Harry Potter' is really, really fantastic. We're all kind of very grateful that the next part of the 'Harry Potter' legacy has been so well-done and so well-made." Other castmembers present for the grand opening included Tom Felton, Michael Gambon, Bonnie Wright and Matthew Lewis.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season