John Mayer Back to Stage After Mystery Illness
John Mayer bounced back from his recent illness to play a late-night surprise show in New York City in the early hours of Thursday, June 17 morning. The rocker scrapped his European tour last month after he fell sick with a mystery ailment but he proved he is fit and well again with the impromptu gig in Manhattan.
Mayer took to his Twitter.com page late on Wednesday night and told fans to make their way to the Village Underground venue for an intimate show at 3 A.M. Tickets were sold for just $10. Mayer later thanked the fans who turned out to see him play, writing in a post on Twitter, "Thanks all for coming... XO".
It was reported that the illness was a food poisoning that he got from a backstage catering on May 31. The bad food gave him "a major diarrhea".
More John Mayer News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed