John Mayer Back to Stage After Mystery Illness
John Mayer bounced back from his recent illness to play a late-night surprise show in New York City in the early hours of Thursday, June 17 morning. The rocker scrapped his European tour last month after he fell sick with a mystery ailment but he proved he is fit and well again with the impromptu gig in Manhattan.
Mayer took to his Twitter.com page late on Wednesday night and told fans to make their way to the Village Underground venue for an intimate show at 3 A.M. Tickets were sold for just $10. Mayer later thanked the fans who turned out to see him play, writing in a post on Twitter, "Thanks all for coming... XO".
It was reported that the illness was a food poisoning that he got from a backstage catering on May 31. The bad food gave him "a major diarrhea".
More John Mayer News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media