John Mayer Back to Stage After Mystery Illness
John Mayer bounced back from his recent illness to play a late-night surprise show in New York City in the early hours of Thursday, June 17 morning. The rocker scrapped his European tour last month after he fell sick with a mystery ailment but he proved he is fit and well again with the impromptu gig in Manhattan.
Mayer took to his Twitter.com page late on Wednesday night and told fans to make their way to the Village Underground venue for an intimate show at 3 A.M. Tickets were sold for just $10. Mayer later thanked the fans who turned out to see him play, writing in a post on Twitter, "Thanks all for coming... XO".
It was reported that the illness was a food poisoning that he got from a backstage catering on May 31. The bad food gave him "a major diarrhea".
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'