John Mayer Back to Stage After Mystery Illness
John Mayer bounced back from his recent illness to play a late-night surprise show in New York City in the early hours of Thursday, June 17 morning. The rocker scrapped his European tour last month after he fell sick with a mystery ailment but he proved he is fit and well again with the impromptu gig in Manhattan.
Mayer took to his Twitter.com page late on Wednesday night and told fans to make their way to the Village Underground venue for an intimate show at 3 A.M. Tickets were sold for just $10. Mayer later thanked the fans who turned out to see him play, writing in a post on Twitter, "Thanks all for coming... XO".
It was reported that the illness was a food poisoning that he got from a backstage catering on May 31. The bad food gave him "a major diarrhea".
More John Mayer News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy