Man Saved Kate Winslet From Embarrassing Situation
Kate Winslet was saved from an embarrassing banking experience on Thursday, June 17 morning, when a kindly customer stepped in to help the star cash her change after the teller refused to serve her.
The "Titanic" star visited a New York branch of Chase bank with her two children to hand in their loose coins in exchange for dollar bills. But after realizing the Oscar-winner did not hold an account at the branch, the bank clerk refused to process the transaction.
However, Winslet was saved from dragging the bucket of change home when a Chase customer offered to swap the coins for notes. According to the New York Daily News, the generous patron was stunned when Winslet removed her sunglasses to thank him. A bank source tells the publication, "(He asked) 'Are You Kate Winslet?' Winslet smiled and nodded."
More Kate Winslet News
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media