Man Saved Kate Winslet From Embarrassing Situation
Kate Winslet was saved from an embarrassing banking experience on Thursday, June 17 morning, when a kindly customer stepped in to help the star cash her change after the teller refused to serve her.
The "Titanic" star visited a New York branch of Chase bank with her two children to hand in their loose coins in exchange for dollar bills. But after realizing the Oscar-winner did not hold an account at the branch, the bank clerk refused to process the transaction.
However, Winslet was saved from dragging the bucket of change home when a Chase customer offered to swap the coins for notes. According to the New York Daily News, the generous patron was stunned when Winslet removed her sunglasses to thank him. A bank source tells the publication, "(He asked) 'Are You Kate Winslet?' Winslet smiled and nodded."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences