Country Star Randy Owen Wins Cancer Battle
Country music star Randy Owen has confirmed he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer, but insists he's winning his battle with the deadly illness. The Alabama frontman began treatment last month after doctors discovered the cancer during a routine check-up.
Owen underwent an ultrasound procedure in a bid to beat the disease, and he is now said to be recovering well. The star's medic, Dr. Woody Fritz, tells CountryStandardTime.com, "We are happy with the successful outcome of the treatment. Randy is doing great and is just about fully recovered."
Owen, who hopes to resume touring in September, adds, "After my routine six-month physical... I feel very good and positive about my future. I look forward to seeing the fans and doing what I do."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes