Country Star Randy Owen Wins Cancer Battle
Country music star Randy Owen has confirmed he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer, but insists he's winning his battle with the deadly illness. The Alabama frontman began treatment last month after doctors discovered the cancer during a routine check-up.
Owen underwent an ultrasound procedure in a bid to beat the disease, and he is now said to be recovering well. The star's medic, Dr. Woody Fritz, tells CountryStandardTime.com, "We are happy with the successful outcome of the treatment. Randy is doing great and is just about fully recovered."
Owen, who hopes to resume touring in September, adds, "After my routine six-month physical... I feel very good and positive about my future. I look forward to seeing the fans and doing what I do."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers