Country Star Randy Owen Wins Cancer Battle
Country music star Randy Owen has confirmed he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer, but insists he's winning his battle with the deadly illness. The Alabama frontman began treatment last month after doctors discovered the cancer during a routine check-up.
Owen underwent an ultrasound procedure in a bid to beat the disease, and he is now said to be recovering well. The star's medic, Dr. Woody Fritz, tells CountryStandardTime.com, "We are happy with the successful outcome of the treatment. Randy is doing great and is just about fully recovered."
Owen, who hopes to resume touring in September, adds, "After my routine six-month physical... I feel very good and positive about my future. I look forward to seeing the fans and doing what I do."
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton