Country Star Randy Owen Wins Cancer Battle
Country music star Randy Owen has confirmed he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer, but insists he's winning his battle with the deadly illness. The Alabama frontman began treatment last month after doctors discovered the cancer during a routine check-up.
Owen underwent an ultrasound procedure in a bid to beat the disease, and he is now said to be recovering well. The star's medic, Dr. Woody Fritz, tells CountryStandardTime.com, "We are happy with the successful outcome of the treatment. Randy is doing great and is just about fully recovered."
Owen, who hopes to resume touring in September, adds, "After my routine six-month physical... I feel very good and positive about my future. I look forward to seeing the fans and doing what I do."
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama