Country Star Randy Owen Wins Cancer Battle
Country music star Randy Owen has confirmed he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer, but insists he's winning his battle with the deadly illness. The Alabama frontman began treatment last month after doctors discovered the cancer during a routine check-up.
Owen underwent an ultrasound procedure in a bid to beat the disease, and he is now said to be recovering well. The star's medic, Dr. Woody Fritz, tells CountryStandardTime.com, "We are happy with the successful outcome of the treatment. Randy is doing great and is just about fully recovered."
Owen, who hopes to resume touring in September, adds, "After my routine six-month physical... I feel very good and positive about my future. I look forward to seeing the fans and doing what I do."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie