America Ferrera Was Not Proposed by Fiance
America Ferrera missed out on a romantic proposal from her fiance Ryan Piers-Williams - the actress has described the magic moment as "more of a conversation". The "Ugly Betty" star confirmed the happy news this week after she was seen sporting a diamond on her ring finger.
But the actress admits her partner didn't surprise her by dropping to one knee with a traditional proposal - the couple talked about marriage and decided on the engagement together. Speaking ahead of the Edinburgh International Film Festival screening of "The Dry Land", she tells WENN, "We'd been together five years so it was more of a conversation (than a proposal)."
Ferrera subsequently kept the news quiet - and most of her friends only found out about the engagement when the news spread online. She adds, "I didn't see all the sites that picked it up but it's really happy and good news so it's nice. I've been getting a lot of e-mails from my friends who didn't know but they do know now so that's good. Everybody kind of found out at the same time from reading about it!"
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked