America Ferrera Was Not Proposed by Fiance
America Ferrera missed out on a romantic proposal from her fiance Ryan Piers-Williams - the actress has described the magic moment as "more of a conversation". The "Ugly Betty" star confirmed the happy news this week after she was seen sporting a diamond on her ring finger.
But the actress admits her partner didn't surprise her by dropping to one knee with a traditional proposal - the couple talked about marriage and decided on the engagement together. Speaking ahead of the Edinburgh International Film Festival screening of "The Dry Land", she tells WENN, "We'd been together five years so it was more of a conversation (than a proposal)."
Ferrera subsequently kept the news quiet - and most of her friends only found out about the engagement when the news spread online. She adds, "I didn't see all the sites that picked it up but it's really happy and good news so it's nice. I've been getting a lot of e-mails from my friends who didn't know but they do know now so that's good. Everybody kind of found out at the same time from reading about it!"
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?