America Ferrera Was Not Proposed by Fiance
America Ferrera missed out on a romantic proposal from her fiance Ryan Piers-Williams - the actress has described the magic moment as "more of a conversation". The "Ugly Betty" star confirmed the happy news this week after she was seen sporting a diamond on her ring finger.
But the actress admits her partner didn't surprise her by dropping to one knee with a traditional proposal - the couple talked about marriage and decided on the engagement together. Speaking ahead of the Edinburgh International Film Festival screening of "The Dry Land", she tells WENN, "We'd been together five years so it was more of a conversation (than a proposal)."
Ferrera subsequently kept the news quiet - and most of her friends only found out about the engagement when the news spread online. She adds, "I didn't see all the sites that picked it up but it's really happy and good news so it's nice. I've been getting a lot of e-mails from my friends who didn't know but they do know now so that's good. Everybody kind of found out at the same time from reading about it!"
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards