P. Diddy Offers to Take Lower Salary to Judge on 'American Idol'
Sean "Diddy" Combs has issued a fresh plea to "American Idol" bosses to hire him as a replacement for Simon Cowell - he's offered to take a five per cent pay cut on the music mogul's massive salary. The hip-hop star has previously insisted he is the perfect choice to take over from the outspoken Brit, now he has quit his role on the show's judging panel to bring his U.K. talent show "The X Factor" Stateside.
And P. Diddy is now talking money, revealing he would gladly accept a reduced pay packet to join the series. He tells Britain's GMTV, "As a matter of fact I have a new negotiation, I would take a five per cent cut on what he was getting. He was on something like $34 million, and that's peanuts."
Previously, P. Diddy said he hasn't given up his dream to own a soccer club. "If the right situation comes my way and it's appealing and we can make the right splash and most importantly build the right team and win... I'm into winning and if it's the right situation then I'm open to it," he said.
More American Idol News
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant