Gary Coleman Finally Cremated Like He Requested
Gary Coleman's remains were cremated privately in Utah on Thursday, June 17, according to the lawyer for his estate. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star specified in his 2005 will that he did not want to have a funeral service, and his body was cremated in accordance with his wishes at Lake Hills Memorial Mortuary in Salt Lake City on Thursday afternoon.
Robert L. Jeffs, a lawyer representing the late actor's estate, tells ETOnline.com, "The proceeding was conducted in accordance with Mr. Coleman's desires as expressed in his Will, that no funeral service, wake, or other ceremony (was held to) memorialise his passing."
Coleman's ashes will be securely stored away by Jeffs until a final decision is made on who will take control of the star's estate. The attorney is overseeing Coleman's estate while his ex-wife Shannon Price battles Anna Gray, an old friend and business partner of the actor, for control. Jeffs will remain in charge until the validity of the two women's claims are determined.
Gray recently revealed she is organizing a private memorial for the tragic star to celebrate his life, along with his TV brother, actor Todd Bridges.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen