Gary Coleman Finally Cremated Like He Requested
Gary Coleman's remains were cremated privately in Utah on Thursday, June 17, according to the lawyer for his estate. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star specified in his 2005 will that he did not want to have a funeral service, and his body was cremated in accordance with his wishes at Lake Hills Memorial Mortuary in Salt Lake City on Thursday afternoon.
Robert L. Jeffs, a lawyer representing the late actor's estate, tells ETOnline.com, "The proceeding was conducted in accordance with Mr. Coleman's desires as expressed in his Will, that no funeral service, wake, or other ceremony (was held to) memorialise his passing."
Coleman's ashes will be securely stored away by Jeffs until a final decision is made on who will take control of the star's estate. The attorney is overseeing Coleman's estate while his ex-wife Shannon Price battles Anna Gray, an old friend and business partner of the actor, for control. Jeffs will remain in charge until the validity of the two women's claims are determined.
Gray recently revealed she is organizing a private memorial for the tragic star to celebrate his life, along with his TV brother, actor Todd Bridges.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts