Gary Coleman Finally Cremated Like He Requested
Gary Coleman's remains were cremated privately in Utah on Thursday, June 17, according to the lawyer for his estate. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star specified in his 2005 will that he did not want to have a funeral service, and his body was cremated in accordance with his wishes at Lake Hills Memorial Mortuary in Salt Lake City on Thursday afternoon.
Robert L. Jeffs, a lawyer representing the late actor's estate, tells ETOnline.com, "The proceeding was conducted in accordance with Mr. Coleman's desires as expressed in his Will, that no funeral service, wake, or other ceremony (was held to) memorialise his passing."
Coleman's ashes will be securely stored away by Jeffs until a final decision is made on who will take control of the star's estate. The attorney is overseeing Coleman's estate while his ex-wife Shannon Price battles Anna Gray, an old friend and business partner of the actor, for control. Jeffs will remain in charge until the validity of the two women's claims are determined.
Gray recently revealed she is organizing a private memorial for the tragic star to celebrate his life, along with his TV brother, actor Todd Bridges.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016