Gary Coleman Finally Cremated Like He Requested
Gary Coleman's remains were cremated privately in Utah on Thursday, June 17, according to the lawyer for his estate. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star specified in his 2005 will that he did not want to have a funeral service, and his body was cremated in accordance with his wishes at Lake Hills Memorial Mortuary in Salt Lake City on Thursday afternoon.
Robert L. Jeffs, a lawyer representing the late actor's estate, tells ETOnline.com, "The proceeding was conducted in accordance with Mr. Coleman's desires as expressed in his Will, that no funeral service, wake, or other ceremony (was held to) memorialise his passing."
Coleman's ashes will be securely stored away by Jeffs until a final decision is made on who will take control of the star's estate. The attorney is overseeing Coleman's estate while his ex-wife Shannon Price battles Anna Gray, an old friend and business partner of the actor, for control. Jeffs will remain in charge until the validity of the two women's claims are determined.
Gray recently revealed she is organizing a private memorial for the tragic star to celebrate his life, along with his TV brother, actor Todd Bridges.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift