Rep: Russell Crowe Not Digitally Slimmed Down
Russell Crowe's representative has dismissed rumors the actor was digitally slimmed-down for his latest role as "Robin Hood". The Oscar-winner plays the English folk hero in Sir Ridley Scott's re-imagining of the classic tale, and recent reports claimed movie bosses spent "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in post-production to make a burly Crowe appear slimmer onscreen.
America's National Enquirer alleged, "Crowe just couldn't manage to drop the last 10 to 15 pounds he'd packed on, and producers were horrified by several scenes where he looked totally fat." But Crowe's spokesperson has brushed off the magazine's claims, telling GossipCop.com the report is "not true".
"Robin Hood" sees Crowe as the expert archer who travels to Nottingham, a town suffering from the corruption of a despotic sheriff and crippling taxation, where he falls for the spirited widow Lady Marion. It was released in the U.S. on May 14.
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds