Rep: Russell Crowe Not Digitally Slimmed Down
Russell Crowe's representative has dismissed rumors the actor was digitally slimmed-down for his latest role as "Robin Hood". The Oscar-winner plays the English folk hero in Sir Ridley Scott's re-imagining of the classic tale, and recent reports claimed movie bosses spent "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in post-production to make a burly Crowe appear slimmer onscreen.
America's National Enquirer alleged, "Crowe just couldn't manage to drop the last 10 to 15 pounds he'd packed on, and producers were horrified by several scenes where he looked totally fat." But Crowe's spokesperson has brushed off the magazine's claims, telling GossipCop.com the report is "not true".
"Robin Hood" sees Crowe as the expert archer who travels to Nottingham, a town suffering from the corruption of a despotic sheriff and crippling taxation, where he falls for the spirited widow Lady Marion. It was released in the U.S. on May 14.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer