Rep: Russell Crowe Not Digitally Slimmed Down
Russell Crowe's representative has dismissed rumors the actor was digitally slimmed-down for his latest role as "Robin Hood". The Oscar-winner plays the English folk hero in Sir Ridley Scott's re-imagining of the classic tale, and recent reports claimed movie bosses spent "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in post-production to make a burly Crowe appear slimmer onscreen.
America's National Enquirer alleged, "Crowe just couldn't manage to drop the last 10 to 15 pounds he'd packed on, and producers were horrified by several scenes where he looked totally fat." But Crowe's spokesperson has brushed off the magazine's claims, telling GossipCop.com the report is "not true".
"Robin Hood" sees Crowe as the expert archer who travels to Nottingham, a town suffering from the corruption of a despotic sheriff and crippling taxation, where he falls for the spirited widow Lady Marion. It was released in the U.S. on May 14.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'