Rep: Russell Crowe Not Digitally Slimmed Down
Russell Crowe's representative has dismissed rumors the actor was digitally slimmed-down for his latest role as "Robin Hood". The Oscar-winner plays the English folk hero in Sir Ridley Scott's re-imagining of the classic tale, and recent reports claimed movie bosses spent "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in post-production to make a burly Crowe appear slimmer onscreen.
America's National Enquirer alleged, "Crowe just couldn't manage to drop the last 10 to 15 pounds he'd packed on, and producers were horrified by several scenes where he looked totally fat." But Crowe's spokesperson has brushed off the magazine's claims, telling GossipCop.com the report is "not true".
"Robin Hood" sees Crowe as the expert archer who travels to Nottingham, a town suffering from the corruption of a despotic sheriff and crippling taxation, where he falls for the spirited widow Lady Marion. It was released in the U.S. on May 14.
More Russell Crowe News
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood