Rep: Russell Crowe Not Digitally Slimmed Down
Russell Crowe's representative has dismissed rumors the actor was digitally slimmed-down for his latest role as "Robin Hood". The Oscar-winner plays the English folk hero in Sir Ridley Scott's re-imagining of the classic tale, and recent reports claimed movie bosses spent "hundreds of thousands of dollars" in post-production to make a burly Crowe appear slimmer onscreen.
America's National Enquirer alleged, "Crowe just couldn't manage to drop the last 10 to 15 pounds he'd packed on, and producers were horrified by several scenes where he looked totally fat." But Crowe's spokesperson has brushed off the magazine's claims, telling GossipCop.com the report is "not true".
"Robin Hood" sees Crowe as the expert archer who travels to Nottingham, a town suffering from the corruption of a despotic sheriff and crippling taxation, where he falls for the spirited widow Lady Marion. It was released in the U.S. on May 14.
More Russell Crowe News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special