Natalie Portman's Shaved Head Change Moniker
Natalie Portman has suffered the ultimate snub - the band named after her is changing its name. Indie rockers Natalie Portman's Shaved Head have ditched their quirky name and will now perform under Brite Futures.
A statement from the Seattle, Washington band reads, "Our love affair with Natalie's name was like a summer fling that lasted... and lasted... and lasted, but now it is summer once again, and time for a change."
Guitarist slash vocalist Luke Smith explained further in an interview with Seattle Weekly. He said, "I am glad we were named Natalie Portman's Shaved Head. It took us way farther than we thought. We're thankful for that name, but it's time for a change."
On why they picked the name at the first time, he explained, "Well, first of all, we heard from Natalie Portman (her peeps). She's not cool with it. It wasn't a personal thing. We didn't get to meet her, unfortunately, which we've been trying (to do). We didn't want to fight it. We knew it would come up later."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'