Natalie Portman's Shaved Head Change Moniker
Natalie Portman has suffered the ultimate snub - the band named after her is changing its name. Indie rockers Natalie Portman's Shaved Head have ditched their quirky name and will now perform under Brite Futures.
A statement from the Seattle, Washington band reads, "Our love affair with Natalie's name was like a summer fling that lasted... and lasted... and lasted, but now it is summer once again, and time for a change."
Guitarist slash vocalist Luke Smith explained further in an interview with Seattle Weekly. He said, "I am glad we were named Natalie Portman's Shaved Head. It took us way farther than we thought. We're thankful for that name, but it's time for a change."
On why they picked the name at the first time, he explained, "Well, first of all, we heard from Natalie Portman (her peeps). She's not cool with it. It wasn't a personal thing. We didn't get to meet her, unfortunately, which we've been trying (to do). We didn't want to fight it. We knew it would come up later."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos