Natalie Portman's Shaved Head Change Moniker
Natalie Portman has suffered the ultimate snub - the band named after her is changing its name. Indie rockers Natalie Portman's Shaved Head have ditched their quirky name and will now perform under Brite Futures.
A statement from the Seattle, Washington band reads, "Our love affair with Natalie's name was like a summer fling that lasted... and lasted... and lasted, but now it is summer once again, and time for a change."
Guitarist slash vocalist Luke Smith explained further in an interview with Seattle Weekly. He said, "I am glad we were named Natalie Portman's Shaved Head. It took us way farther than we thought. We're thankful for that name, but it's time for a change."
On why they picked the name at the first time, he explained, "Well, first of all, we heard from Natalie Portman (her peeps). She's not cool with it. It wasn't a personal thing. We didn't get to meet her, unfortunately, which we've been trying (to do). We didn't want to fight it. We knew it would come up later."
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream