Natalie Portman's Shaved Head Change Moniker
Natalie Portman has suffered the ultimate snub - the band named after her is changing its name. Indie rockers Natalie Portman's Shaved Head have ditched their quirky name and will now perform under Brite Futures.
A statement from the Seattle, Washington band reads, "Our love affair with Natalie's name was like a summer fling that lasted... and lasted... and lasted, but now it is summer once again, and time for a change."
Guitarist slash vocalist Luke Smith explained further in an interview with Seattle Weekly. He said, "I am glad we were named Natalie Portman's Shaved Head. It took us way farther than we thought. We're thankful for that name, but it's time for a change."
On why they picked the name at the first time, he explained, "Well, first of all, we heard from Natalie Portman (her peeps). She's not cool with it. It wasn't a personal thing. We didn't get to meet her, unfortunately, which we've been trying (to do). We didn't want to fight it. We knew it would come up later."
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell