Natalie Portman's Shaved Head Change Moniker
Natalie Portman has suffered the ultimate snub - the band named after her is changing its name. Indie rockers Natalie Portman's Shaved Head have ditched their quirky name and will now perform under Brite Futures.
A statement from the Seattle, Washington band reads, "Our love affair with Natalie's name was like a summer fling that lasted... and lasted... and lasted, but now it is summer once again, and time for a change."
Guitarist slash vocalist Luke Smith explained further in an interview with Seattle Weekly. He said, "I am glad we were named Natalie Portman's Shaved Head. It took us way farther than we thought. We're thankful for that name, but it's time for a change."
On why they picked the name at the first time, he explained, "Well, first of all, we heard from Natalie Portman (her peeps). She's not cool with it. It wasn't a personal thing. We didn't get to meet her, unfortunately, which we've been trying (to do). We didn't want to fight it. We knew it would come up later."
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface