Eminem Thanks His Children for Helping Him Kick Drug Addiction
Rapper Eminem credits his three children with inspiring him to kick his drug addiction and stay sober. The hip-hop star, who has been sober for 18 months, has dedicated his latest album "Recovery" to kicking his addiction to painkillers and anti-depressants.
He tells the New York Times, "I used to get pills wherever I could. I was just taking anything that anybody was giving to me." But Eminem insists his sobriety came without the help of a rehabilitation facility: "I felt like Bugs Bunny in rehab. When Bugs Bunny walks into rehab, people are going to turn and look. People at rehab were stealing my hats and pens and notebooks and asking for autographs. I couldn't concentrate on my problem."
Instead, he has his biological daughter Hailie Jade and his two adopted daughters, Lainey and Whitney to thank for inspiring his recovery. He adds, "I love them so much and they've helped me through so many things."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic