Eminem Thanks His Children for Helping Him Kick Drug Addiction
Rapper Eminem credits his three children with inspiring him to kick his drug addiction and stay sober. The hip-hop star, who has been sober for 18 months, has dedicated his latest album "Recovery" to kicking his addiction to painkillers and anti-depressants.
He tells the New York Times, "I used to get pills wherever I could. I was just taking anything that anybody was giving to me." But Eminem insists his sobriety came without the help of a rehabilitation facility: "I felt like Bugs Bunny in rehab. When Bugs Bunny walks into rehab, people are going to turn and look. People at rehab were stealing my hats and pens and notebooks and asking for autographs. I couldn't concentrate on my problem."
Instead, he has his biological daughter Hailie Jade and his two adopted daughters, Lainey and Whitney to thank for inspiring his recovery. He adds, "I love them so much and they've helped me through so many things."
More Eminem News
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle