Eminem Thanks His Children for Helping Him Kick Drug Addiction
Rapper Eminem credits his three children with inspiring him to kick his drug addiction and stay sober. The hip-hop star, who has been sober for 18 months, has dedicated his latest album "Recovery" to kicking his addiction to painkillers and anti-depressants.
He tells the New York Times, "I used to get pills wherever I could. I was just taking anything that anybody was giving to me." But Eminem insists his sobriety came without the help of a rehabilitation facility: "I felt like Bugs Bunny in rehab. When Bugs Bunny walks into rehab, people are going to turn and look. People at rehab were stealing my hats and pens and notebooks and asking for autographs. I couldn't concentrate on my problem."
Instead, he has his biological daughter Hailie Jade and his two adopted daughters, Lainey and Whitney to thank for inspiring his recovery. He adds, "I love them so much and they've helped me through so many things."
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids