Near-Naked John Lennon Appeared Onstage With Toilet Seat
John Lennon was once so drunk during an early The Beatles gig, he graced the stage dressed only in his underwear - with a toilet seat hanging around his neck. Sir Paul McCartney reveals his late bandmate became a little too merry after performing three shows in one night in Hamburg, Germany - without realizing the band was slated to play a fourth set.
A near-naked Lennon performed the gig in a drunken haze with the help of a bizarre accessory - but McCartney insists the Fab Four were tame compared to their contemporaries. He tells Shortlist magazine, "(There was) plenty of wildness back then, (but we were a) fairly sober lot compared to some of the guys. We were so knackered, working the amount that we did, that we mainly slept."
"Occasionally, you'd think you had three shows in the evening and after the third you might party down a bit. Then you were told you'd got four. So I do remember John coming on once in his underpants with a toilet seat around his neck."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns