Near-Naked John Lennon Appeared Onstage With Toilet Seat
John Lennon was once so drunk during an early The Beatles gig, he graced the stage dressed only in his underwear - with a toilet seat hanging around his neck. Sir Paul McCartney reveals his late bandmate became a little too merry after performing three shows in one night in Hamburg, Germany - without realizing the band was slated to play a fourth set.
A near-naked Lennon performed the gig in a drunken haze with the help of a bizarre accessory - but McCartney insists the Fab Four were tame compared to their contemporaries. He tells Shortlist magazine, "(There was) plenty of wildness back then, (but we were a) fairly sober lot compared to some of the guys. We were so knackered, working the amount that we did, that we mainly slept."
"Occasionally, you'd think you had three shows in the evening and after the third you might party down a bit. Then you were told you'd got four. So I do remember John coming on once in his underpants with a toilet seat around his neck."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake