Near-Naked John Lennon Appeared Onstage With Toilet Seat
John Lennon was once so drunk during an early The Beatles gig, he graced the stage dressed only in his underwear - with a toilet seat hanging around his neck. Sir Paul McCartney reveals his late bandmate became a little too merry after performing three shows in one night in Hamburg, Germany - without realizing the band was slated to play a fourth set.
A near-naked Lennon performed the gig in a drunken haze with the help of a bizarre accessory - but McCartney insists the Fab Four were tame compared to their contemporaries. He tells Shortlist magazine, "(There was) plenty of wildness back then, (but we were a) fairly sober lot compared to some of the guys. We were so knackered, working the amount that we did, that we mainly slept."
"Occasionally, you'd think you had three shows in the evening and after the third you might party down a bit. Then you were told you'd got four. So I do remember John coming on once in his underpants with a toilet seat around his neck."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl