Snoop Dogg Banned From Performing in Dutch Music Fest
Rap superstar Snoop Dogg has been axed from the line-up at a Dutch music festival after city officials declared he was not welcome in the area. The "Drop It Like It's Hot" hitmaker, who has a history of legal problems, was due to headline the open-air Parkpop event in the Netherlands later this month, along with actress/singer Juliette Lewis and German pop star Nena.
But Snoop Dogg's slot has now been scrapped - because authorities are convinced the rapper is not suitable for The Hague festival. A statement issued by city officials says, "Snoop Dogg will not perform at Parkpop... (The concert was canceled) in order to preserve the free, open and friendly nature of Parkpop."
But the snub has come as a shock to festival organizers. Spokesman Marit Noorlander says, "We are very, very disappointed." Snoop Dogg, real name Calvin Broadus, was previously denied entry into the U.K. after he was arrested following a fracas at London's Heathrow Airport in 2006.
Border officials labeled him a threat, citing his prior drug and firearms offenses, but the star challenged the ruling in court and the ban was lifted earlier this year, allowing him to headline the legendary Glastonbury festival this summer.
More Snoop Dogg News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance