Snoop Dogg Banned From Performing in Dutch Music Fest
Rap superstar Snoop Dogg has been axed from the line-up at a Dutch music festival after city officials declared he was not welcome in the area. The "Drop It Like It's Hot" hitmaker, who has a history of legal problems, was due to headline the open-air Parkpop event in the Netherlands later this month, along with actress/singer Juliette Lewis and German pop star Nena.
But Snoop Dogg's slot has now been scrapped - because authorities are convinced the rapper is not suitable for The Hague festival. A statement issued by city officials says, "Snoop Dogg will not perform at Parkpop... (The concert was canceled) in order to preserve the free, open and friendly nature of Parkpop."
But the snub has come as a shock to festival organizers. Spokesman Marit Noorlander says, "We are very, very disappointed." Snoop Dogg, real name Calvin Broadus, was previously denied entry into the U.K. after he was arrested following a fracas at London's Heathrow Airport in 2006.
Border officials labeled him a threat, citing his prior drug and firearms offenses, but the star challenged the ruling in court and the ban was lifted earlier this year, allowing him to headline the legendary Glastonbury festival this summer.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard