Snoop Dogg Banned From Performing in Dutch Music Fest
Rap superstar Snoop Dogg has been axed from the line-up at a Dutch music festival after city officials declared he was not welcome in the area. The "Drop It Like It's Hot" hitmaker, who has a history of legal problems, was due to headline the open-air Parkpop event in the Netherlands later this month, along with actress/singer Juliette Lewis and German pop star Nena.
But Snoop Dogg's slot has now been scrapped - because authorities are convinced the rapper is not suitable for The Hague festival. A statement issued by city officials says, "Snoop Dogg will not perform at Parkpop... (The concert was canceled) in order to preserve the free, open and friendly nature of Parkpop."
But the snub has come as a shock to festival organizers. Spokesman Marit Noorlander says, "We are very, very disappointed." Snoop Dogg, real name Calvin Broadus, was previously denied entry into the U.K. after he was arrested following a fracas at London's Heathrow Airport in 2006.
Border officials labeled him a threat, citing his prior drug and firearms offenses, but the star challenged the ruling in court and the ban was lifted earlier this year, allowing him to headline the legendary Glastonbury festival this summer.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards