Gary Coleman's Private Memorial Not Including Estranged Parents and Ex-Wife
The mystery woman who stands to take over Gary Colemans estate is organizing a private memorial for the tragic star to celebrate his life. Anna Gray, an old friend and business partner of the "Diff'rent Strokes" star, was named as estate executor in a will signed by Coleman in 2005.
She is currently battling the actor's ex-wife Shannon Price for control of the estate and on Monday, June 14, a Utah judge placed attorney Robert Jeffs in charge of the star's affairs until the validity of the two women's claims could be determined. Jeffs subsequently revealed he would abide by the wishes Coleman expressed in the 2005 will, which specified his desire not to have a funeral service.
However, Gray has chosen to honor Coleman in her own way and has teamed up with another of the actor's old friends, Kent Emmons, to plan a small memorial for 15 to 20 of his closest pals, including his TV brother, actor Todd Bridges. But Price and Coleman's estranged parents will not be invited, reports TMZ.com.
According to Gray and Emmons, the memorial event will honor the late star with a night of "telling fun stories", although a date has yet to be set. Coleman's remains will be cremated and his ashes and property will be securely stored away by Jeffs until a final decision is made on the estate executor.
Earlier this week, Gray won a legal battle to view Coleman's body before the actor was cremated. A judge gave her 48 hours to visit the funeral home where the actor lies in repose.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?