Gary Coleman's Private Memorial Not Including Estranged Parents and Ex-Wife
The mystery woman who stands to take over Gary Colemans estate is organizing a private memorial for the tragic star to celebrate his life. Anna Gray, an old friend and business partner of the "Diff'rent Strokes" star, was named as estate executor in a will signed by Coleman in 2005.
She is currently battling the actor's ex-wife Shannon Price for control of the estate and on Monday, June 14, a Utah judge placed attorney Robert Jeffs in charge of the star's affairs until the validity of the two women's claims could be determined. Jeffs subsequently revealed he would abide by the wishes Coleman expressed in the 2005 will, which specified his desire not to have a funeral service.
However, Gray has chosen to honor Coleman in her own way and has teamed up with another of the actor's old friends, Kent Emmons, to plan a small memorial for 15 to 20 of his closest pals, including his TV brother, actor Todd Bridges. But Price and Coleman's estranged parents will not be invited, reports TMZ.com.
According to Gray and Emmons, the memorial event will honor the late star with a night of "telling fun stories", although a date has yet to be set. Coleman's remains will be cremated and his ashes and property will be securely stored away by Jeffs until a final decision is made on the estate executor.
Earlier this week, Gray won a legal battle to view Coleman's body before the actor was cremated. A judge gave her 48 hours to visit the funeral home where the actor lies in repose.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March