Eminem Is Now Pro Gay Marriage
Eminem has thrown his support behind same-sex marriage in his home state of Michigan, following years of complaints from gay rights groups about his offensive lyrics. The Slim Shady star has previously come under fire over his controversial songs and was targeted by campaigners last year when he labelled homosexual singers Lance Bass, Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken "f**gots" in his track "Elevator".
However, the star insists his outlook is "more mature" than in previous years - joking that if same-sex couples wish to marry, they have every right to be as "miserable" as their 'straight' counter-parts.
He tells the New York Times, "I think if two people love each other, then what the hell? I think that everyone should have the chance to be equally miserable, if they want. It's the new tolerant me! My overall look on things is a lot more mature than it used to be."
More Eminem News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant