A.J. Cook Thanks Fans for Support After 'Criminal Minds' Axing
Fans of hit U.S. TV show "Criminal Minds" have launched an online campaign to have castmember A.J. Cook reinstated after network bosses decided not to renew her contract for another season.
The actress has reportedly been axed from the crime drama after five years, with a source telling TVGuide.com she has been dropped for "creative reasons". But devotees are not happy about her exit and more than 12,000 fans have signed a petition calling for executives at CBS to reverse the decision.
Cook has now thanked fans for their devotion with a post on her Twitter.com page, writing, "Your kind words and support have made me feel wanted and loved!"
Cook's castmate Paget Brewster has also addressed the controversy. In a post on her Twitter.com blog, she writes, "'Creative reasons' has been an executive bulls**t excuse for DECADES. It IS financial. AJ is a dreamboat. And yes, I am hurt, too."
More Criminal Minds News
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere