Kylie Minogue to Return to Acting Roots
Kylie Minogue is heading back to the big screen - the Australian singer is "in the process" of choosing her comeback movie role. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker shot to fame in Aussie soap opera "Neighbours" in the 1980s before launching a hugely successful singing career.
In the 1990s, she made a handful of movie appearances, with roles in "The Delinquents", "Street Fighter" and a small part as the Green Fairy in "Moulin Rouge!". Minogue admits she's eager to return to films - and is currently in negotiations with movie bosses about a new job.
She tells Blackbook magazine, "The mid-90s were a bad patch, but show me an actor who hasn't done a few bad jobs. I have a deep desire to challenge myself with that again. As a 'pop star,' I've created this world for myself, and it becomes very natural to stay inside of it, but I'd love to do some independent films. It's still very early, but I'm in the process of choosing between specific parts."
More Kylie Minogue News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio