Kylie Minogue to Return to Acting Roots
Kylie Minogue is heading back to the big screen - the Australian singer is "in the process" of choosing her comeback movie role. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker shot to fame in Aussie soap opera "Neighbours" in the 1980s before launching a hugely successful singing career.
In the 1990s, she made a handful of movie appearances, with roles in "The Delinquents", "Street Fighter" and a small part as the Green Fairy in "Moulin Rouge!". Minogue admits she's eager to return to films - and is currently in negotiations with movie bosses about a new job.
She tells Blackbook magazine, "The mid-90s were a bad patch, but show me an actor who hasn't done a few bad jobs. I have a deep desire to challenge myself with that again. As a 'pop star,' I've created this world for myself, and it becomes very natural to stay inside of it, but I'd love to do some independent films. It's still very early, but I'm in the process of choosing between specific parts."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism