Kylie Minogue to Return to Acting Roots
Kylie Minogue is heading back to the big screen - the Australian singer is "in the process" of choosing her comeback movie role. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker shot to fame in Aussie soap opera "Neighbours" in the 1980s before launching a hugely successful singing career.
In the 1990s, she made a handful of movie appearances, with roles in "The Delinquents", "Street Fighter" and a small part as the Green Fairy in "Moulin Rouge!". Minogue admits she's eager to return to films - and is currently in negotiations with movie bosses about a new job.
She tells Blackbook magazine, "The mid-90s were a bad patch, but show me an actor who hasn't done a few bad jobs. I have a deep desire to challenge myself with that again. As a 'pop star,' I've created this world for myself, and it becomes very natural to stay inside of it, but I'd love to do some independent films. It's still very early, but I'm in the process of choosing between specific parts."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle