Kylie Minogue to Return to Acting Roots
Kylie Minogue is heading back to the big screen - the Australian singer is "in the process" of choosing her comeback movie role. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker shot to fame in Aussie soap opera "Neighbours" in the 1980s before launching a hugely successful singing career.
In the 1990s, she made a handful of movie appearances, with roles in "The Delinquents", "Street Fighter" and a small part as the Green Fairy in "Moulin Rouge!". Minogue admits she's eager to return to films - and is currently in negotiations with movie bosses about a new job.
She tells Blackbook magazine, "The mid-90s were a bad patch, but show me an actor who hasn't done a few bad jobs. I have a deep desire to challenge myself with that again. As a 'pop star,' I've created this world for myself, and it becomes very natural to stay inside of it, but I'd love to do some independent films. It's still very early, but I'm in the process of choosing between specific parts."
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry