Kylie Minogue to Return to Acting Roots
Kylie Minogue is heading back to the big screen - the Australian singer is "in the process" of choosing her comeback movie role. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker shot to fame in Aussie soap opera "Neighbours" in the 1980s before launching a hugely successful singing career.
In the 1990s, she made a handful of movie appearances, with roles in "The Delinquents", "Street Fighter" and a small part as the Green Fairy in "Moulin Rouge!". Minogue admits she's eager to return to films - and is currently in negotiations with movie bosses about a new job.
She tells Blackbook magazine, "The mid-90s were a bad patch, but show me an actor who hasn't done a few bad jobs. I have a deep desire to challenge myself with that again. As a 'pop star,' I've created this world for myself, and it becomes very natural to stay inside of it, but I'd love to do some independent films. It's still very early, but I'm in the process of choosing between specific parts."
More Kylie Minogue News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival