Eve Almost Married Producer Stevie J
Rapper/actress Eve almost became producer Stevie J's wife after a night of boozing - until her mother convinced her she was "much too young" for marriage. The star dated the former Bad Boy Entertainment hitmaker early on in her career, soon after she joined DMX's rap group Ruff Ryders in the late 1990s.
And Eve admits she would have walked down the aisle with Stevie J on a whim if her mum Julia Wilch had not given her a stern talking to. In a new Behind The Music documentary, Eve says, "He turned out to be my first love. We did think about getting married. He actually called my mother at like, 2.30 in the morning, and said, 'I'm gonna marry your daughter tomorrow morning' and I was like, 'I love him!' "
But Wilch refused to let her daughter make the mistake of having a shotgun wedding. She recalls, "I sat straight up in bed (when she received the phone call) and said, 'You're much too young for that. Right now you're doing this, that and the other. Think about it.' "
The couple split in 2000.
More Eve News
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video