Eve Almost Married Producer Stevie J
Rapper/actress Eve almost became producer Stevie J's wife after a night of boozing - until her mother convinced her she was "much too young" for marriage. The star dated the former Bad Boy Entertainment hitmaker early on in her career, soon after she joined DMX's rap group Ruff Ryders in the late 1990s.
And Eve admits she would have walked down the aisle with Stevie J on a whim if her mum Julia Wilch had not given her a stern talking to. In a new Behind The Music documentary, Eve says, "He turned out to be my first love. We did think about getting married. He actually called my mother at like, 2.30 in the morning, and said, 'I'm gonna marry your daughter tomorrow morning' and I was like, 'I love him!' "
But Wilch refused to let her daughter make the mistake of having a shotgun wedding. She recalls, "I sat straight up in bed (when she received the phone call) and said, 'You're much too young for that. Right now you're doing this, that and the other. Think about it.' "
The couple split in 2000.
More Eve News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna