Eve Almost Married Producer Stevie J
Rapper/actress Eve almost became producer Stevie J's wife after a night of boozing - until her mother convinced her she was "much too young" for marriage. The star dated the former Bad Boy Entertainment hitmaker early on in her career, soon after she joined DMX's rap group Ruff Ryders in the late 1990s.
And Eve admits she would have walked down the aisle with Stevie J on a whim if her mum Julia Wilch had not given her a stern talking to. In a new Behind The Music documentary, Eve says, "He turned out to be my first love. We did think about getting married. He actually called my mother at like, 2.30 in the morning, and said, 'I'm gonna marry your daughter tomorrow morning' and I was like, 'I love him!' "
But Wilch refused to let her daughter make the mistake of having a shotgun wedding. She recalls, "I sat straight up in bed (when she received the phone call) and said, 'You're much too young for that. Right now you're doing this, that and the other. Think about it.' "
The couple split in 2000.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?