Eve Almost Married Producer Stevie J
Rapper/actress Eve almost became producer Stevie J's wife after a night of boozing - until her mother convinced her she was "much too young" for marriage. The star dated the former Bad Boy Entertainment hitmaker early on in her career, soon after she joined DMX's rap group Ruff Ryders in the late 1990s.
And Eve admits she would have walked down the aisle with Stevie J on a whim if her mum Julia Wilch had not given her a stern talking to. In a new Behind The Music documentary, Eve says, "He turned out to be my first love. We did think about getting married. He actually called my mother at like, 2.30 in the morning, and said, 'I'm gonna marry your daughter tomorrow morning' and I was like, 'I love him!' "
But Wilch refused to let her daughter make the mistake of having a shotgun wedding. She recalls, "I sat straight up in bed (when she received the phone call) and said, 'You're much too young for that. Right now you're doing this, that and the other. Think about it.' "
The couple split in 2000.
More Eve News
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton