John Travolta Cheered Australian Team With 'Grease' Song
John Travolta treated the Australian soccer team to a rendition of "Grease" hit "You're the One That I Want" in a bid to spur them on to World Cup victory last week. The actor jetted to South Africa to cheer on the Australian side before their opening game in the World Cup against Germany.
Travolta turned up at one of the squad's training sessions and was presented with a shirt featuring his name and the number 10 emblazoned on the back. In return, Travolta sang the soccer stars a tuneful rendition of the popular "Grease" track - but changed the the lyrics to, 'You better shape up, cos I need a team'.
Travolta's efforts didn't help, however - the Aussies were beaten 4-0 by Germany on Sunday, June 13.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic