John Travolta Cheered Australian Team With 'Grease' Song
John Travolta treated the Australian soccer team to a rendition of "Grease" hit "You're the One That I Want" in a bid to spur them on to World Cup victory last week. The actor jetted to South Africa to cheer on the Australian side before their opening game in the World Cup against Germany.
Travolta turned up at one of the squad's training sessions and was presented with a shirt featuring his name and the number 10 emblazoned on the back. In return, Travolta sang the soccer stars a tuneful rendition of the popular "Grease" track - but changed the the lyrics to, 'You better shape up, cos I need a team'.
Travolta's efforts didn't help, however - the Aussies were beaten 4-0 by Germany on Sunday, June 13.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival