New Boyfriend Makes Amy Winehouse Sober
Amy Winehouse is attempting to put her personal problems behind her for the sake of her new boyfriend - the singer has quit drinking and smoking, according to a close friend. The "Back to Black" hitmaker, who spent eight months in the Caribbean last year in a bid to conquer her drug addiction, has moved on from her troubled relationship with ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil and is now dating filmmaker Reg Traviss.
And the Brit is so keen to make her new romance last, she's given up her last-remaining vices. Her friend Sam Shaker tells Britain's The Sun, "She is totally transformed. I am so proud of her. She has stopped drinking and even stopped smoking completely. Reg has sorted her out... I told her how proud I was and she says she is the happiest she has ever been. He's made a new person of her. He is a civilised man, a gentleman. She is so blissful and has turned herself around for him."
Winehouse is also hoping her new outlook on life will help her when she brings out her next album. Shaker adds, "She said she has new music coming out soon and she will be fit and healthy to promote it."
The singer has been in and out of hospital in London this year as she attempts to overcome her alcohol issues.
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid