New Boyfriend Makes Amy Winehouse Sober
Amy Winehouse is attempting to put her personal problems behind her for the sake of her new boyfriend - the singer has quit drinking and smoking, according to a close friend. The "Back to Black" hitmaker, who spent eight months in the Caribbean last year in a bid to conquer her drug addiction, has moved on from her troubled relationship with ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil and is now dating filmmaker Reg Traviss.
And the Brit is so keen to make her new romance last, she's given up her last-remaining vices. Her friend Sam Shaker tells Britain's The Sun, "She is totally transformed. I am so proud of her. She has stopped drinking and even stopped smoking completely. Reg has sorted her out... I told her how proud I was and she says she is the happiest she has ever been. He's made a new person of her. He is a civilised man, a gentleman. She is so blissful and has turned herself around for him."
Winehouse is also hoping her new outlook on life will help her when she brings out her next album. Shaker adds, "She said she has new music coming out soon and she will be fit and healthy to promote it."
The singer has been in and out of hospital in London this year as she attempts to overcome her alcohol issues.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo