Son Reveals Ray Charles Never Recovered From Brother's Death
Legendary soul man Ray Charles hid the pain of failing to save his brother from drowning for much of his life, according to the piano great's son Ray Charles Robinson Jr. In a new biography titled "You Don't Know Me", Robinson insists his father never recovered from the death of his brother George, who accidentally drowned in a washtub.
He says, "Talking about his brother was almost impossible... It was clear that he still held himself responsible for George's death. The last thing my father remembers about that day is the sight of his mother, her face streaming with tears, carrying George's lifeless body into a cabin."
The "Georgia on my Mind" singer started to lose his sight shortly after the tragedy. He was eventually rendered completely blind.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour