Son Reveals Ray Charles Never Recovered From Brother's Death
Legendary soul man Ray Charles hid the pain of failing to save his brother from drowning for much of his life, according to the piano great's son Ray Charles Robinson Jr. In a new biography titled "You Don't Know Me", Robinson insists his father never recovered from the death of his brother George, who accidentally drowned in a washtub.
He says, "Talking about his brother was almost impossible... It was clear that he still held himself responsible for George's death. The last thing my father remembers about that day is the sight of his mother, her face streaming with tears, carrying George's lifeless body into a cabin."
The "Georgia on my Mind" singer started to lose his sight shortly after the tragedy. He was eventually rendered completely blind.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her