Son Reveals Ray Charles Never Recovered From Brother's Death
Legendary soul man Ray Charles hid the pain of failing to save his brother from drowning for much of his life, according to the piano great's son Ray Charles Robinson Jr. In a new biography titled "You Don't Know Me", Robinson insists his father never recovered from the death of his brother George, who accidentally drowned in a washtub.
He says, "Talking about his brother was almost impossible... It was clear that he still held himself responsible for George's death. The last thing my father remembers about that day is the sight of his mother, her face streaming with tears, carrying George's lifeless body into a cabin."
The "Georgia on my Mind" singer started to lose his sight shortly after the tragedy. He was eventually rendered completely blind.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?