Son Reveals Ray Charles Never Recovered From Brother's Death
Legendary soul man Ray Charles hid the pain of failing to save his brother from drowning for much of his life, according to the piano great's son Ray Charles Robinson Jr. In a new biography titled "You Don't Know Me", Robinson insists his father never recovered from the death of his brother George, who accidentally drowned in a washtub.
He says, "Talking about his brother was almost impossible... It was clear that he still held himself responsible for George's death. The last thing my father remembers about that day is the sight of his mother, her face streaming with tears, carrying George's lifeless body into a cabin."
The "Georgia on my Mind" singer started to lose his sight shortly after the tragedy. He was eventually rendered completely blind.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage