Son Reveals Ray Charles Never Recovered From Brother's Death
Legendary soul man Ray Charles hid the pain of failing to save his brother from drowning for much of his life, according to the piano great's son Ray Charles Robinson Jr. In a new biography titled "You Don't Know Me", Robinson insists his father never recovered from the death of his brother George, who accidentally drowned in a washtub.
He says, "Talking about his brother was almost impossible... It was clear that he still held himself responsible for George's death. The last thing my father remembers about that day is the sight of his mother, her face streaming with tears, carrying George's lifeless body into a cabin."
The "Georgia on my Mind" singer started to lose his sight shortly after the tragedy. He was eventually rendered completely blind.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child