Tim Allen Felt Intimidated When Directing Sigourney Weaver
Funnyman Tim Allen was nervous ahead of his directorial debut "Crazy on the Outside" because he was intimidated about ordering around Sigourney Weaver on the film set. The comedian recruited Weaver for the crime drama, but kept imagining her as tough "Aliens" character Ellen Ripley.
He says, "She's big, she's tall, she's scary. She's Ripley for crying out loud! She stabs aliens!" And Allen admits he's embarrassed looking back at his attempts to prove his directorial skills, comparing himself to a young girl, saying "My voice (would) get in that (high octave), 'Um, you know, it would be great if... I don't know why I'm talking like a little girl'."
On his first time to helm a film, Tim Allen previously said that Kevin Costner has helped him. He shared, "I've got a lot on the line here. I financed this thing - private financing. I used Kevin Costner's model. He helped me through this - on how to direct it, how to put it out."
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens