Tim Allen Felt Intimidated When Directing Sigourney Weaver
Funnyman Tim Allen was nervous ahead of his directorial debut "Crazy on the Outside" because he was intimidated about ordering around Sigourney Weaver on the film set. The comedian recruited Weaver for the crime drama, but kept imagining her as tough "Aliens" character Ellen Ripley.
He says, "She's big, she's tall, she's scary. She's Ripley for crying out loud! She stabs aliens!" And Allen admits he's embarrassed looking back at his attempts to prove his directorial skills, comparing himself to a young girl, saying "My voice (would) get in that (high octave), 'Um, you know, it would be great if... I don't know why I'm talking like a little girl'."
On his first time to helm a film, Tim Allen previously said that Kevin Costner has helped him. He shared, "I've got a lot on the line here. I financed this thing - private financing. I used Kevin Costner's model. He helped me through this - on how to direct it, how to put it out."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna