Tim Allen Felt Intimidated When Directing Sigourney Weaver
Funnyman Tim Allen was nervous ahead of his directorial debut "Crazy on the Outside" because he was intimidated about ordering around Sigourney Weaver on the film set. The comedian recruited Weaver for the crime drama, but kept imagining her as tough "Aliens" character Ellen Ripley.
He says, "She's big, she's tall, she's scary. She's Ripley for crying out loud! She stabs aliens!" And Allen admits he's embarrassed looking back at his attempts to prove his directorial skills, comparing himself to a young girl, saying "My voice (would) get in that (high octave), 'Um, you know, it would be great if... I don't know why I'm talking like a little girl'."
On his first time to helm a film, Tim Allen previously said that Kevin Costner has helped him. He shared, "I've got a lot on the line here. I financed this thing - private financing. I used Kevin Costner's model. He helped me through this - on how to direct it, how to put it out."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift