Conrad Murray to Mourn Privately on Michael Jackson's Death Anniversary
Michael Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray has chosen to stay away from the official celebrations surrounding the anniversary of his most famous patient's death next week on June 25 - because he doesn't want to cause the Jackson family any heartache. The doctor is accused of administering the anesthetic Propofol, which killed the King of Pop, and has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges.
He has been vilified by members of the Jackson family, who seem intent on doing what they can to ensure Murray is harshly punished when his court case begins following a preliminary hearing on August 23. And the doctor insists he won't be testing emotions by attending a memorial for friends, family members and fans at the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California - where Jackson was laid to rest in 2009.
A source close to the medic tells X17Online.com, "He's going to be mourning privately. Dr. Murray has visited Michael numerous times at Forest Lawn, but he doesn't want to distract any attention away from the family's grieving process... especially on that day."
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance