Jewel on the Verge of Bulimia After Painful Fat Jibes
Singer Jewel Kilcher was driven to the brink of an eating disorder when she was once labeled "the chubby Renee Zellweger". The "Who Will Save Your Soul" star was horrified when she heard about the nasty nickname during her first few years in the spotlight, and admits the painful jibe left her on the verge of bulimia.
She tells Shape magazine, "My feelings were so hurt by that story, I ended up bingeing on an entire cake. Afterward, I actually tried to throw it all up, but thankfully I couldn't do it. It made me think, 'I can't go down this road.' I had seen so many performers develop eating disorders or try to control their weight with drugs, and I decided I would do no harm to my body."
Jewel Kilcher got married to Ty Murray in the Bahamas in a top secret wedding ceremony on August 2008. Avoiding the prying eyes of the paparazzi, the couple kept the ceremony simple, with the bride wearing a traditional wedding gown and the groom sporting his favorite blue jeans, white shirt and cowboy hat.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed