Jewel on the Verge of Bulimia After Painful Fat Jibes
Singer Jewel Kilcher was driven to the brink of an eating disorder when she was once labeled "the chubby Renee Zellweger". The "Who Will Save Your Soul" star was horrified when she heard about the nasty nickname during her first few years in the spotlight, and admits the painful jibe left her on the verge of bulimia.
She tells Shape magazine, "My feelings were so hurt by that story, I ended up bingeing on an entire cake. Afterward, I actually tried to throw it all up, but thankfully I couldn't do it. It made me think, 'I can't go down this road.' I had seen so many performers develop eating disorders or try to control their weight with drugs, and I decided I would do no harm to my body."
Jewel Kilcher got married to Ty Murray in the Bahamas in a top secret wedding ceremony on August 2008. Avoiding the prying eyes of the paparazzi, the couple kept the ceremony simple, with the bride wearing a traditional wedding gown and the groom sporting his favorite blue jeans, white shirt and cowboy hat.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'