Drake Opens Up His Emotional Visit to Lil Wayne
Drake endured an emotional meeting with his mentor Lil Wayne in jail last week - the incarcerated rapper sat him down for a serious chat to warn him not to make the same mistakes. The "Lollipop" hitmaker signed Drake to his Young Money record label last year, but in March this year he was sentenced to 12 months behind bars on weapons possession charges.
The "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker admits it was hard seeing his mentor locked up, and reveals that during their talk Wayne pleaded with him to stay out of "trouble". He tells MTV News, "He kept looking to the window... I was like, 'Why does he keep staring through the window? There's nothing out there.' To him, there's a whole world moving out there that he hasn't seen for so long..."
"He told me something I never thought I'd hear him say, which was, 'You're the ultimate artist. You're better than me. You don't have the tattoos, you don't cause any trouble. People like you.' He was like, basically, 'Look at me and look at you'."
More Drake News
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'