Drake Opens Up His Emotional Visit to Lil Wayne
Drake endured an emotional meeting with his mentor Lil Wayne in jail last week - the incarcerated rapper sat him down for a serious chat to warn him not to make the same mistakes. The "Lollipop" hitmaker signed Drake to his Young Money record label last year, but in March this year he was sentenced to 12 months behind bars on weapons possession charges.
The "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker admits it was hard seeing his mentor locked up, and reveals that during their talk Wayne pleaded with him to stay out of "trouble". He tells MTV News, "He kept looking to the window... I was like, 'Why does he keep staring through the window? There's nothing out there.' To him, there's a whole world moving out there that he hasn't seen for so long..."
"He told me something I never thought I'd hear him say, which was, 'You're the ultimate artist. You're better than me. You don't have the tattoos, you don't cause any trouble. People like you.' He was like, basically, 'Look at me and look at you'."
More Drake News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns