Drake Opens Up His Emotional Visit to Lil Wayne
Drake endured an emotional meeting with his mentor Lil Wayne in jail last week - the incarcerated rapper sat him down for a serious chat to warn him not to make the same mistakes. The "Lollipop" hitmaker signed Drake to his Young Money record label last year, but in March this year he was sentenced to 12 months behind bars on weapons possession charges.
The "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker admits it was hard seeing his mentor locked up, and reveals that during their talk Wayne pleaded with him to stay out of "trouble". He tells MTV News, "He kept looking to the window... I was like, 'Why does he keep staring through the window? There's nothing out there.' To him, there's a whole world moving out there that he hasn't seen for so long..."
"He told me something I never thought I'd hear him say, which was, 'You're the ultimate artist. You're better than me. You don't have the tattoos, you don't cause any trouble. People like you.' He was like, basically, 'Look at me and look at you'."
More Drake News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences