Drake Opens Up His Emotional Visit to Lil Wayne
Drake endured an emotional meeting with his mentor Lil Wayne in jail last week - the incarcerated rapper sat him down for a serious chat to warn him not to make the same mistakes. The "Lollipop" hitmaker signed Drake to his Young Money record label last year, but in March this year he was sentenced to 12 months behind bars on weapons possession charges.
The "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker admits it was hard seeing his mentor locked up, and reveals that during their talk Wayne pleaded with him to stay out of "trouble". He tells MTV News, "He kept looking to the window... I was like, 'Why does he keep staring through the window? There's nothing out there.' To him, there's a whole world moving out there that he hasn't seen for so long..."
"He told me something I never thought I'd hear him say, which was, 'You're the ultimate artist. You're better than me. You don't have the tattoos, you don't cause any trouble. People like you.' He was like, basically, 'Look at me and look at you'."
More Drake News
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder