Robert Pattinson Narrowly Escaped Injury After His Car Caught Fire
Robert Pattinson narrowly escaped injury shortly after he was granted a U.S. driving license - his vintage car caught fire while he was cruising through California. Pattinson was motoring along the Pacific Coast Highway in his 1989 BMW in 2008 when flames burst through the dashboard, but the actor refused to stop and kept driving until the fire went out.
He remembers, "I was driving and my dashboard went on fire. Completely on fire. And I was trying to drive it with one finger back down (highway) 101. The fire went out and I kind of drove it around to see it was OK, and it seemed OK. I called my dad and said, 'You think I should bring it to a mechanic? It went on fire earlier on.' And he was like, 'Generally you should, yeah'."
And Pattinson admits he's still unsure behind the wheel, adding, "I did it (got my license) in Oregon, one of those crash courses... I'm not entirely sure how to drive."
More Robert Pattinson News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'