Robert Pattinson Narrowly Escaped Injury After His Car Caught Fire
Robert Pattinson narrowly escaped injury shortly after he was granted a U.S. driving license - his vintage car caught fire while he was cruising through California. Pattinson was motoring along the Pacific Coast Highway in his 1989 BMW in 2008 when flames burst through the dashboard, but the actor refused to stop and kept driving until the fire went out.
He remembers, "I was driving and my dashboard went on fire. Completely on fire. And I was trying to drive it with one finger back down (highway) 101. The fire went out and I kind of drove it around to see it was OK, and it seemed OK. I called my dad and said, 'You think I should bring it to a mechanic? It went on fire earlier on.' And he was like, 'Generally you should, yeah'."
And Pattinson admits he's still unsure behind the wheel, adding, "I did it (got my license) in Oregon, one of those crash courses... I'm not entirely sure how to drive."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival