Robert Pattinson Narrowly Escaped Injury After His Car Caught Fire
Robert Pattinson narrowly escaped injury shortly after he was granted a U.S. driving license - his vintage car caught fire while he was cruising through California. Pattinson was motoring along the Pacific Coast Highway in his 1989 BMW in 2008 when flames burst through the dashboard, but the actor refused to stop and kept driving until the fire went out.
He remembers, "I was driving and my dashboard went on fire. Completely on fire. And I was trying to drive it with one finger back down (highway) 101. The fire went out and I kind of drove it around to see it was OK, and it seemed OK. I called my dad and said, 'You think I should bring it to a mechanic? It went on fire earlier on.' And he was like, 'Generally you should, yeah'."
And Pattinson admits he's still unsure behind the wheel, adding, "I did it (got my license) in Oregon, one of those crash courses... I'm not entirely sure how to drive."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions