Robert Pattinson Narrowly Escaped Injury After His Car Caught Fire
Robert Pattinson narrowly escaped injury shortly after he was granted a U.S. driving license - his vintage car caught fire while he was cruising through California. Pattinson was motoring along the Pacific Coast Highway in his 1989 BMW in 2008 when flames burst through the dashboard, but the actor refused to stop and kept driving until the fire went out.
He remembers, "I was driving and my dashboard went on fire. Completely on fire. And I was trying to drive it with one finger back down (highway) 101. The fire went out and I kind of drove it around to see it was OK, and it seemed OK. I called my dad and said, 'You think I should bring it to a mechanic? It went on fire earlier on.' And he was like, 'Generally you should, yeah'."
And Pattinson admits he's still unsure behind the wheel, adding, "I did it (got my license) in Oregon, one of those crash courses... I'm not entirely sure how to drive."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer