Kate Winslet to Play Kidnap Victim in New Movie
Kate Winslet is in talks to bring the true story of an Austrian kidnap victim to the big screen in an upcoming movie, according to reports. The "Titanic" star, 34, is said to be in talks to tackle the real-life story of 22-year-old Natascha Kampusch, who was snatched as a child and held captive in a cellar for eight years.
Wolfgang Priklopil kidnapped Kampusch when she was walking home from school aged 10 and committed suicide after her escape in 2006. Winslet has been named as the favorite to portray Kampusch in the film, which will be directed by "Fantastic Four" producer Bernd Eichinger, reports Britain's Daily Express.
Meanwhile "Inglourious Basterds" actor Christoph Waltz is rumored to be taking on the role of Priklopil. Speaking about the currently untitled movie, which is scheduled for a 2012 release, Eichinger tells the Austrian Times, "Natascha Kampusch trusts us and I appreciate that."
Kampusch adds, "Many kind letters convinced me to pursue plans to turn my story into a film."
More Kate Winslet News
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage