Kate Winslet to Play Kidnap Victim in New Movie
Kate Winslet is in talks to bring the true story of an Austrian kidnap victim to the big screen in an upcoming movie, according to reports. The "Titanic" star, 34, is said to be in talks to tackle the real-life story of 22-year-old Natascha Kampusch, who was snatched as a child and held captive in a cellar for eight years.
Wolfgang Priklopil kidnapped Kampusch when she was walking home from school aged 10 and committed suicide after her escape in 2006. Winslet has been named as the favorite to portray Kampusch in the film, which will be directed by "Fantastic Four" producer Bernd Eichinger, reports Britain's Daily Express.
Meanwhile "Inglourious Basterds" actor Christoph Waltz is rumored to be taking on the role of Priklopil. Speaking about the currently untitled movie, which is scheduled for a 2012 release, Eichinger tells the Austrian Times, "Natascha Kampusch trusts us and I appreciate that."
Kampusch adds, "Many kind letters convinced me to pursue plans to turn my story into a film."
More Kate Winslet News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'