Robert Pattinson Receives Dating Advice From His Father
Robert Pattinson has his dad to thank for his success with women - the actor's father often sends him emails packed with tips on romance. The "Twilight" hunk has scored legions of female fans since rising to fame as Edward Cullen in the vampire franchise and is rumored to be dating co-star Kristen Stewart.
Pattinson has revealed his dad, Richard, takes a particular interest in his love life - dishing out plenty of advice on how to woo women. And the British actor decided to embarrass his father during an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Tuesday, June 15, by reading out a string of romantic gestures which had been suggested to him - while Richard blushed in the audience.
He says, "He sends me these great things. I'm sorry to do this, but I thought it was so sweet... He's like, 'Dear Rob, I've been thinking about gestures and a good one in my opinion is to kiss a lady's hand. It's very romantic and refined. Offer her hand ostensibly to kiss... Shake and then the kiss. I impressed your mother that way'."
And that's not the only advice Pattinson's dad hands out - Richard also gives his son tips on how to behave if he ever wins an Academy Award: "Dear Rob, I was thinking last night about Yves Montand, the great French actor. And I thought about his elegant way of acknowledging the audience at an Oscar ceremony by gripping his wrist with one hand and raising both arms aloft... I know I've mentioned this before, but the reason I was thinking about it (was) because I watched a program last night on TV featuring some current celebrities here and I was shocked by how vulgar they were."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber