Robert Pattinson Receives Dating Advice From His Father
Robert Pattinson has his dad to thank for his success with women - the actor's father often sends him emails packed with tips on romance. The "Twilight" hunk has scored legions of female fans since rising to fame as Edward Cullen in the vampire franchise and is rumored to be dating co-star Kristen Stewart.
Pattinson has revealed his dad, Richard, takes a particular interest in his love life - dishing out plenty of advice on how to woo women. And the British actor decided to embarrass his father during an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Tuesday, June 15, by reading out a string of romantic gestures which had been suggested to him - while Richard blushed in the audience.
He says, "He sends me these great things. I'm sorry to do this, but I thought it was so sweet... He's like, 'Dear Rob, I've been thinking about gestures and a good one in my opinion is to kiss a lady's hand. It's very romantic and refined. Offer her hand ostensibly to kiss... Shake and then the kiss. I impressed your mother that way'."
And that's not the only advice Pattinson's dad hands out - Richard also gives his son tips on how to behave if he ever wins an Academy Award: "Dear Rob, I was thinking last night about Yves Montand, the great French actor. And I thought about his elegant way of acknowledging the audience at an Oscar ceremony by gripping his wrist with one hand and raising both arms aloft... I know I've mentioned this before, but the reason I was thinking about it (was) because I watched a program last night on TV featuring some current celebrities here and I was shocked by how vulgar they were."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby