Megan Fox Learned to Use Gun at Age Five
Megan Fox was well-prepared for her role as a gun-slinging femme fatale in new movie "Jonah Hex" - because her father taught her to shoot at the age of five. Fox stars in the upcoming comic book adaptation alongside Josh Brolin as the disfigured hero, and the actress was involved in a series of action-packed firefights on-set.
The 23 year old admits that although she is wary of handling weapons as an adult, she became adept with guns at a very early age. She tells MTV.com, "As a grown adult, I don't mess around with guns at all. I have a fear of them. But as a child, I grew up in the South. I grew up in Tennessee, and my dad, as a hobby, is a duck hunter."
"He used to go kill ducks and bring them home, and we would eat them for dinner... we would barbecue them. He taught me how to shoot a shotgun. When I was five and six years old, we went target shooting with shotguns."
"So I've handled a gun before - an enormous shotgun - when I was a little kid."
More Megan Fox News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest