Nicolette Sheridan's 'Desperate' Lawsuit Is Long Overdue
Nicolette Sheridan's assault allegations against "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry were investigated by TV bosses in 2008 and dismissed, according to a new report. The actress, who played Edie Britt on the hit show, filed suit against Cherry in April, claiming he slapped her during an argument on-set and then fired her when she complained to producers.
Sheridan also maintained that Cherry created a hostile work environment by "behaving in an extremely abusive and aggressive manner toward the individuals who work on the show". And in an updated version of the lawsuit it is revealed that executives at America's ABC network looked into Sheridan's allegations at the time - and decided not to take any further action.
The legal documents, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, state, "In December 2008, Sheridan was informed that ABC had fully investigated her complaint and had concluded that she was not mistreated. In fact, the executive vice president of ABC Studios Howard Davine claimed that 'Marc simply gave her a light tap on the side of her head for the sole purpose of providing direction for a scene they were rehearsing'."
"With that, ABC decided to take no further action and closed the investigation, informing Sheridan that 'we will finish off the season in the spirit of professionalism and courtesy that has been the normal course for Desperate Housewives'."
Sheridan is suing for more than $20 million for assault and battery, gender violence and wrongful termination.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation