Tim Bachman of Bachman-Turner Overdrive Charged With Sexual Assault
Bachman-Turner Overdrive founder Tim Bachman has been charged with sexually assaulting a minor. The guitarist is accused of assaulting a girl between 2000 and 2004, when she was aged 11 to 14.
The girl, now 20, came forward in May 2009 and reported the assault to police in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Bachman, 58, turned himself in voluntarily following an 11-month investigation. He was formally charged on Monday, June 14 and accused of sexual interference with a person under the age of 14, sexual assault and touching a young person for a sexual purpose.
He is due in court for a preliminary hearing on July 5. Police have refused to divulge further information in order to protect the identity of the victim.
Bachman, who now works as a real estate agent in British Columbia, formed BTO with brothers Randy and Robbie Bachman in 1973 and departed the supergroup a year later.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date