Tim Bachman of Bachman-Turner Overdrive Charged With Sexual Assault
Bachman-Turner Overdrive founder Tim Bachman has been charged with sexually assaulting a minor. The guitarist is accused of assaulting a girl between 2000 and 2004, when she was aged 11 to 14.
The girl, now 20, came forward in May 2009 and reported the assault to police in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Bachman, 58, turned himself in voluntarily following an 11-month investigation. He was formally charged on Monday, June 14 and accused of sexual interference with a person under the age of 14, sexual assault and touching a young person for a sexual purpose.
He is due in court for a preliminary hearing on July 5. Police have refused to divulge further information in order to protect the identity of the victim.
Bachman, who now works as a real estate agent in British Columbia, formed BTO with brothers Randy and Robbie Bachman in 1973 and departed the supergroup a year later.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'