Tim Bachman of Bachman-Turner Overdrive Charged With Sexual Assault
Bachman-Turner Overdrive founder Tim Bachman has been charged with sexually assaulting a minor. The guitarist is accused of assaulting a girl between 2000 and 2004, when she was aged 11 to 14.
The girl, now 20, came forward in May 2009 and reported the assault to police in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Bachman, 58, turned himself in voluntarily following an 11-month investigation. He was formally charged on Monday, June 14 and accused of sexual interference with a person under the age of 14, sexual assault and touching a young person for a sexual purpose.
He is due in court for a preliminary hearing on July 5. Police have refused to divulge further information in order to protect the identity of the victim.
Bachman, who now works as a real estate agent in British Columbia, formed BTO with brothers Randy and Robbie Bachman in 1973 and departed the supergroup a year later.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'