Tim Bachman of Bachman-Turner Overdrive Charged With Sexual Assault
Bachman-Turner Overdrive founder Tim Bachman has been charged with sexually assaulting a minor. The guitarist is accused of assaulting a girl between 2000 and 2004, when she was aged 11 to 14.
The girl, now 20, came forward in May 2009 and reported the assault to police in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Bachman, 58, turned himself in voluntarily following an 11-month investigation. He was formally charged on Monday, June 14 and accused of sexual interference with a person under the age of 14, sexual assault and touching a young person for a sexual purpose.
He is due in court for a preliminary hearing on July 5. Police have refused to divulge further information in order to protect the identity of the victim.
Bachman, who now works as a real estate agent in British Columbia, formed BTO with brothers Randy and Robbie Bachman in 1973 and departed the supergroup a year later.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video