Larry King NOT Replaced by Piers Morgan, Yet
TV chiefs have moved swiftly to dismiss reports U.S. newsman Larry King's talk show will be cancelled in favor of new programming featuring "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan.
The veteran broadcaster's nightly news show, "Larry King Live", has experienced a slump in ratings over the last year and bosses at the CNN network are said to be discussing a replacement for the 76 year old. Morgan - who fronts his own series, "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", in the U.K. - was reportedly in negotiations to take on the role.
However, CNN bosses insist they have not reached a deal to replace the revered newsman. A network spokesperson says: "Not surprisingly, there is no shortage of people who would love to succeed Larry King if and when he moves on, but rumors that we are close to signing a deal for a Larry King replacement are untrue."
"We are currently looking at replacing our 8pm programme and that is our priority. Larry is a beloved member of the team, and he will continue to be part of the CNN family into the future."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny