Larry King NOT Replaced by Piers Morgan, Yet
TV chiefs have moved swiftly to dismiss reports U.S. newsman Larry King's talk show will be cancelled in favor of new programming featuring "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan.
The veteran broadcaster's nightly news show, "Larry King Live", has experienced a slump in ratings over the last year and bosses at the CNN network are said to be discussing a replacement for the 76 year old. Morgan - who fronts his own series, "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", in the U.K. - was reportedly in negotiations to take on the role.
However, CNN bosses insist they have not reached a deal to replace the revered newsman. A network spokesperson says: "Not surprisingly, there is no shortage of people who would love to succeed Larry King if and when he moves on, but rumors that we are close to signing a deal for a Larry King replacement are untrue."
"We are currently looking at replacing our 8pm programme and that is our priority. Larry is a beloved member of the team, and he will continue to be part of the CNN family into the future."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media