Natalie Imbruglia Mocked by Contestants at 'X Factor' Audition
Auditions for Simon Cowell's hit U.K. talent show "The X Factor" were halted on Monday, June 14 when two singing wannabes jeered at guest judge Natalie Imbruglia. The "Torn" hitmaker agreed to appear on the judging panel at an audition in Birmingham, England, filling in for pregnant pop star Dannii Minogue.
But when two teenage contestants received negative comments from Imbruglia, they taunted the Australian singer by shouting, "Who are you?" An audience member tells Britain's The Sun, "Simon stopped them and said one was better than the other, but they were both pretty awful. Natalie piped up (saying) that they weren't very good and one of them just snapped, 'Sorry, who are you?' Poor Natalie couldn't believe it and Simon told them they had a bad attitude."
A spokesperson for the show adds, "Things got a bit heated. Producers quickly stepped in."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service