Death Certificate Mentions Gary Coleman Did Not Want to Be Taken Off Life Support
A "closed head injury" complicated by "chronic renal failure" was listed as the cause of Gary Coleman's death by hospital staff who fought to keep the star alive after he suffered a brain hemorrhage. TMZ has obtained the death certificate detailing the circumstances around the "Diff'rent Strokes" star's passing and it shows Coleman's fall at his home in Utah in May and his congenital kidney disease both contributed to his death.
Coleman had two kidney transplants in 1973 and 1984, which required frequent dialysis and impacted his adult life, ultimately leading to his untimely death on May 28. The death certificate also lists the actor as being married, which contradicts recent reports he and partner Shannon Price divorced in 2008.
In another legal document, obtained by the website, Coleman signed healthcare papers stating he did not want to be taken off life support if he fell into a coma. In the 2006 document, he insists, "I want my life to be prolonged as long as possible within the limits of generally accepted health care standards."
It is not known whether these papers were still current at the time of Coleman's death. Price gave medics permission to turn off his life support system.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic