Death Certificate Mentions Gary Coleman Did Not Want to Be Taken Off Life Support
A "closed head injury" complicated by "chronic renal failure" was listed as the cause of Gary Coleman's death by hospital staff who fought to keep the star alive after he suffered a brain hemorrhage. TMZ has obtained the death certificate detailing the circumstances around the "Diff'rent Strokes" star's passing and it shows Coleman's fall at his home in Utah in May and his congenital kidney disease both contributed to his death.
Coleman had two kidney transplants in 1973 and 1984, which required frequent dialysis and impacted his adult life, ultimately leading to his untimely death on May 28. The death certificate also lists the actor as being married, which contradicts recent reports he and partner Shannon Price divorced in 2008.
In another legal document, obtained by the website, Coleman signed healthcare papers stating he did not want to be taken off life support if he fell into a coma. In the 2006 document, he insists, "I want my life to be prolonged as long as possible within the limits of generally accepted health care standards."
It is not known whether these papers were still current at the time of Coleman's death. Price gave medics permission to turn off his life support system.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?